DannyL

Wild Horses
27. Tyrone Taylor - Sufferation

This is one of the incredible steppers tunes I remember hearing played by Joey Jay (Norman's brother) on Kiss bitfd. Weirdly enough, I went to Shaka like 2 months ago and this was the first tune I heard as we walked in.

IdleRich

IdleRich
27. Tyrone Taylor - Sufferation

This is one of the incredible steppers tunes I remember hearing played by Joey Jay (Norman's brother) on Kiss bitfd. Weirdly enough, I went to Shaka like 2 months ago and this was the first tune I heard as we walked in.

Bitfd = back in the fucking day?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Basically 95% some of my favourites here, excellent list. glad to see the anti-punk agenda on dissensus finally take hold.

🤣😂

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I said these tunes are bringing back weird memories, this one seems mostly associated, not with a terribly sad love affair, but with failing Physics. Me and a couple of mates basically used to sit at the back of the class singing Anita Baker tunes and breaking the equipment. We were challenged on it by the teacher once or twice but had zero motivation. I remember walking out the exam, after not being able to do any of it. I didn't care, I had Anita.

16. Anita Baker - Sweet Love

the best.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Switching tempo a bit - this is something I remember from the time, but I don't think I really understood it. It's a real on the edge of experimentation club track. But it stuck in my head for 30 years. I think there's a bunch of remixes and alternate versions but I can't be arsed with that rabbit hole.

17. Harlequin 4 - Set It Off

Yup. criminally, criminally underrated imo.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i think even simon is a little bit too young. thats why his big crush was the smiths. early eighties rather than late seventies.

The Smiths are an ok band but they suffer from that horrible 80s rock production. as much as I hate Morressey he can sing, sort of.

DannyL

Wild Horses
still, we have to temper some of reynolds more decadent proclivities.
Thing is, when I was growing up, punk wasn't even on the agenda. Why would you listen to rock music or any variant thereof? Unless you were basically a nonce.
@IdleRich said to me at some point after we'd met "black music is better than music by white people isn't it?" And he was right.

luka

i remember sitting with a mate outside a pub in forest gate and two asian lads drive past blasting out dancehall and he turned to me and said black music runs east london and it was true. nothing else existed. you wouldnt even know there was any alternative