luka

you hear those kind of pipes in drill beats sometimes but i guess its just another bit of exoticism

DannyL

Wild Horses
I have to mention jazz as an influence. A couple of my mates were regulars at Dingwalls Sunday sessions. I never made mostly due to a fucking stupid annoying job I had on Sundays. This is one of the selections I recall from them. Dedicated to the wonderful Flora Purim. I thought she was on this album but maybe not?

30. Samba de Flora - Airto

luka

third did you see that kurdish uk rapper that went to shoot his video in iraqi kurdistan with the, fuck forgot their name? pkk maybe? i posted it on the things craner will love thread

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I have to mention jazz as an influence. A couple of my mates were regulars at Dingwalls Sunday sessions. I never made mostly due to a fucking stupid annoying job I had on Sundays. This is one of the selections I recall from them. Dedicated to the wonderful Flora Purim. I thought she was on this album but maybe not?

30. Samba de Flora - Airto

Did any of your mates go to the electric ballroom in camden? Apparently it was before all of that, and they played some serious hard bop like horace silver creation suite etc.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I actually have quite a taste for free stuff so was very happy with the moments of dissonance on this, though it interplays pretty cleanly with a standard song structure here.

31. Carlos Garnett - Banks of the Nile

DannyL

Wild Horses
Did any of your mates go to the electric ballroom in camden? Apparently it was before all of that, and they played some serious hard bop like horace silver creation suite etc.
You sure you're not thinking of Dingwalls? Could've been Electric Ballroom though tbf. Dingwalls was pretty famous for those kinda tunes. I can still imagine IDJ/Jazz Warrior guys doing ludicrous dancing to this sort of thing.