Hawaii

luka

doing the poetry has helped me nail down things i used to struggle with like
business
column
cigarette

luka

i watched a french tv drama called the bearu and for a while i knew how to spell it but then i stopped
watching it and forgot

martin

----
I never understood why Jack Lord's facing the aerial camera on the balcony as it hurtles towards him, but then he turns around for his close-up.

linebaugh

I think their language is beautiful. it sounds like what joyce wanted to make english to sound like

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
My kid brother cooks and surfs, foot loose, works a resort with reliable water access and moves on after a period, got his diving qualifications from one of their islands. The clarity and richness of blues in his photos, dusky skies burnishing lilac sky rims, underwater life teeming with innumerable species of every kind and colour, beguilingly magical

Then he comes home for a week and instead of missions at the canoeing centre complex in town, he drinks bags of tins fishing down a piss filled canal with his old mates. Island lives draw people to the water, unavoidable, for work food transport and awe. It humbles us. We respect its untamed majesty. Not a fuckin canal full of piss and needles sinking ten cans of Stella though. Hawaii sells itself more as a groan cliche state of mind