US Election 2024

IdleRich

IdleRich
Just a random aside here but I'm watching an interview with Haley now and the interviewer starts talking about a senator from Haley's state (I think South Carolina maybe) endorsed Trump and when he was asked on CNN whether he'd given Haley any notice - a warning I suppose - that he was going to do that and he'd said "Oh yeah I texted her the morning of the day when I did that". And Haley says "No that a total lie he never told me at all". I find that quite interesting, the extent to which people will totally lie if they can get away with it (I mean it could actually be Haley herself who is lying but one of them definitely is). Such a pointless mean little lie, but it illustrates the extent to which personal integrity is a quaint and outdated idea.

version

I don't think the Democrats are gonna be able to turn the tide re: people's concerns over Biden's age and health. They're doing damage control atm, but you only need to see a clip of him in action to clock how old he is. The Sisi gaffe in his response is going to cut through anything they can say in his defense, and the gaffes are going to keep coming.

wild greens

He is hilarious, though, to be fair

Can't they just put Trump and Biden in an odd couple style reality show, I'd watch it

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't think the Democrats are gonna be able to turn the tide re: people's concerns over Biden's age and health. They're doing damage control atm, but you only need to see a clip of him in action to clock how old he is. The Sisi gaffe in his response is going to cut through anything they can say in his defense, and the gaffes are going to keep coming.
Plus loads of progressives are going to boycott the election entirely because of his supine position with respect to Israel, and then Trump will get in and be even more pro-Israel, while pandering to legions of antisemites.

It could end up being a very grim time to be either a Muslim or a Jew in the US.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I tried to watch the Superbowl once
Haha, yeah I have no interest in the superbowl itself, but I got to visit my friend and his family in upstate NYC, and it was fun watching it with them and making jokes about it.

We watched the Trip to Italy, one of our favorites, and that set the tone of the banter throughout the superbowl.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
It was maybe the first time I sat through an entire football game, which in and of itself was rather grueling, but the company made it rather enjoyable.

version

There doesn't seem to be much energy around this election. Both candidates are husks. Maybe it'll kick in closer to November, but it's a much more subdued atmosphere this time around.

luka

i imagine it will get quite hysterical later on. the stakes are seen to be fairly high.

luka

theyre very unscrupulous in their use of his quotes but on the other hand he gives it to them on a platter