Do you like people?

It’s hard isn’t it. I’m jealous if people who can settle and invest when I have to bounce around and skim. I do have lots of people k I love deeply but there’s nobody that doesn’t have something I desperately need to escape from after maybe 2 or 3 hours

Reactions: sus

Leo

It's fairly typical to have your fill of people after 2-3 hours, isn't it? I know I do. I guess a significant other is the exception, but that's just one person you have to tolerate.

This is something I’m quite ashamed of because it feels very teenage, irritable. Something that might be sorted by kids or greater responsibilities. But on another level, thinking of the sheer scale of personalities and shifting and striving personalities were exposed to these days I think there’s a bigger deeper numbers thing going on. A big devaluation

Leo

by tolerate, I mean things are fine/good about 80% of the time and we annoy each other about 20% of the time.

Leo

guess my point is it's possible to make it work with one person and also have your fill with most everyone else after 2-3 hours.

shakahislop

It’s hard isn’t it. I’m jealous if people who can settle and invest when I have to bounce around and skim. I do have lots of people k I love deeply but there’s nobody that doesn’t have something I desperately need to escape from after maybe 2 or 3 hours
im in no position to give life advice. but for me the d&g concepts of I) assemblages and II) desiring machines are incredibly useful and practical for thinking about what you're doing when you're with other people

sufi

lala
This is something I’m quite ashamed of because it feels very teenage, irritable. Something that might be sorted by kids or greater responsibilities. But on another level, thinking of the sheer scale of personalities and shifting and striving personalities were exposed to these days I think there’s a bigger deeper numbers thing going on. A big devaluation
is that because of all these ways we have to project our personalities? the internet, basically, and perhaps the other medias that we choose to subscribe to, massive shared experiences,
so you get a curated personality rather than a person

shakahislop

it's one of the ways that the impenetrable d&g use of language is worth it. coz for something like that its blatantly more accurate than the other language that's on the table

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
it's one of the ways that the impenetrable d&g use of language is worth it. coz for something like that its blatantly more accurate than the other language that's on the table
Imagine trying to translate all their stuff into French though, for example. Absolute nightmare.

Leo

thinking of a group of people and thier surroundings as a single collective thing with a certain affective power essentially

does this mean you experience and engage with the collective thing as opposed to the annoying individuals?