eBay finds for da massive.

mms

sometimes
2stepfan said:
Same sample as on Same People's Dangerous which is a tune and a half... Papa Levi too...

dunno that track but the sample is from 'rockers!!!'

same as ' i and i know that all of you will witness the day
that babylon will
f
a
a
a
a
a
l
l'

D

droid

mms said:
dunno that track but the sample is from 'rockers!!!'

same as ' i and i know that all of you will witness the day
that babylon will
f
a
a
a
a
a
l
l'

Nah - the sample from The License is 'ya nah got a license to play this/cha - this tune get lock-off/yo/yo/yo/yo/gaba/gaba/gaba/gaba', and im fairly sure its a vocal from 'The Harder they Come'.

Between the original and remix theres a bunch of other samples as well - 'This tune exclusive to me/yah undastand', from 80's reggae brit-flick 'Babylon', and 'Watch how ya flex Mr. foolish/It could be a jungilist' which is from an early 90's Terror Fabulous tune - so there might be something from Rockers mixed in there as well.

2stepfan said:
Christ, is there anything about ragga or ragga jungle you don't know droid?

One does ones best! ;)

mms

sometimes
droid said:
Nah - the sample from The License is 'ya nah got a license to play this/cha - this tune get lock-off/yo/yo/yo/yo/gaba/gaba/gaba/gaba', and im fairly sure its a vocal from 'The Harder they Come'.

Between the original and remix theres a bunch of other samples as well - 'This tune exclusive to me/yah undastand', from 80's reggae brit-flick 'Babylon', and 'Watch how ya flex Mr. foolish/It could be a jungilist' which is from an early 90's Terror Fabulous tune - so there might be something from Rockers mixed in there as well.

One does ones best! ;)
Are you sure?
i'm sure its from the cllub scene when they rush the dj?
i know that sample 'get mashup' is from babylon as well lush film that - someone nicked my copy .
i'm working on getting ythat on dvd

D

droid

mms said:
Are you sure?
i'm sure its from the cllub scene when they rush the dj?
i know that sample 'get mashup' is from babylon as well lush film that - someone nicked my copy .
i'm working on getting ythat on dvd

No - actually we're both wrong. As Paul mentioned above - its actually Papa levi from a Saxon Sound tape :eek: - though i think there is a similar sample in 'The Harder they Come' - when Jimmy Cliff and Prince Buster are playing in the dancehall, and the soundman gives them grief...

Theres another sample from that tune not yet mentioned - a few seconds of Buju Banton over a nice horn lick from"Good Body" 'body good/dat the gal dem possess... (cant remember the rest)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

droid

Full vocal sample (as best I can remember it):

Yo, you have a licence to play dis?", "Man - 'cos I don't operate and have a licence - this is a dubplate ya know", "Ya Ya gwann get lock up - cha! - you dangerous enough/ya know?"

Anyone know any good jungle sample websites? :eek:

Brokeman

Living Too Late
i've got an ebay related question... is anyone on here makuda3000? i've been in about 6 different bidding wars with this guy recently and i've NEVER won. he's willing to pay stupid amount of money for tracks i want. if i didn't hate the dude so much for winning we'd probably have lots to talk about!

PeteUM

It's all grist
WOEBOT said:
jim's right. but (whispers) also try ebay.de>NDW here
http://musik.listings.ebay.de/Deuts...Z1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZ7780QQsocmdZListingItemList

theres loads there at the moment:
http://musik.search.ebay.de/der-pla...ZQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ3QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

this is cool:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Der-Plan-Da-vorn...oryZ7780QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'm trying to get the wire to let me do an NDW primer at the moment (with a tie-in show on kosmische thanks to jim, mark and leo) the radio show may materialise on its own, but (fingers crossed) you never know.......

Oh for a rudimentary knowledge of German! :mad: