Plane Crashes

sufi

lala
I read a magazine article about this woman when i was a kid that absolutely stuck in my mind, how as a child she survived a plane crash in the amazon

sufi

lala
films with plane crash scenes

watch a list hollywood actors plunge to their doom (and survive)

you can tell that a huge portions of big budget imagination energy has gone into visualising these scenes (as so few humans have been thru these experiences and lived to tell the tale),

sufi

lala
something something about the end of the petrochemical era in the face of microtechnology as millions of dollars of equipment plunge to the bottom of the ocean

wild greens

Have you ever been stuck in heavy turbulence? We got caught in a storm coming back from America when we were kids- i was quite thrilled by it- but it was so bad my mum wouldn't fly for 10+ years after that

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Have you ever been stuck in heavy turbulence? We got caught in a storm coming back from America when we were kids- i was quite thrilled by it- but it was so bad my mum wouldn't fly for 10+ years after that
Just the other week, one of my flights took off straight through a thunderstorm, saw lightning and everything.

sufi

lala
worst i experienced was flying into LDN city one night when the spice girls were playing the dome and almost ended up on the stage

version

There was that guy a while back who stole a plane, flew it around a bit then deliberately crashed it and killed himself.

The thing that really stood out was how calm and reasonable he sounded talking to air traffic control.

"Just a broken guy, got a few screws loose, I guess."

martin

----
Flight 191 seems to be cursed...so many crashes, Delta retired the number. Then again, go to Wikipedia and search "Flight..." and any number, and quite a few have fallen out of the sky.
A few recent incidents of ground staff being sucked into the engine too.