affirmations

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I actually think humans are dumb (or credulous? Or hackable?) enough for this to work.

We probably all walk around unconsciously making affirmations 24/7.

Such as "what I'm writing now is interesting enough to post, and what I'm writing NOW is letting me off if it isn't"

shakahislop

amoung people i know, the fight for feeling good about yourself seems like one of the biggest battles people face. you can see it in the cope that comes out the minute people start writing online and the small defensive tiks people show in everyday interaction. and half of what comes out the mouths of non-pro drinkers four pints deep.

probably a lot of what people say about the affects of 'capitalism' is timeless, just a part of being alive. this one though i'm not sure. it feels like something in particular is going on in the anglo world at least which is making it hard for people to hold themself in a high enough regard. or actually, it's more the opposite, it's that people think that they're not good enough. something to do with a shake-up in signifiers of what a good life is.

luka

in some cases it is about maintaining a delusional and inflated sense of self, as in the i'm a tiger clip. sometimes it is about an inability or an unwillingness to accept and proccess unpleasant emotion. it depends.

entertainment

amoung people i know, the fight for feeling good about yourself seems like one of the biggest battles people face. you can see it in the cope that comes out the minute people start writing online and the small defensive tiks people show in everyday interaction. and half of what comes out the mouths of non-pro drinkers four pints deep.

probably a lot of what people say about the affects of 'capitalism' is timeless, just a part of being alive. this one though i'm not sure. it feels like something in particular is going on in the anglo world at least which is making it hard for people to hold themself in a high enough regard. or actually, it's more the opposite, it's that people think that they're not good enough. something to do with a shake-up in signifiers of what a good life is.
this is pretty alarming

luka

in some cases it is about maintaining a delusional and inflated sense of self, as in the i'm a tiger clip. sometimes it is about an inability or an unwillingness to accept and proccess unpleasant emotion. it depends.
and ties in with popular brands of magical thinking; positive thinking cults, the law of attraction, auto-hypnosis etc
the only thing keeping you from your desires is an inability to be adequately delusional.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
“It’s not alright but it’s ok, I’m gonna make it anyway”

affirmations work but they’re a trauma therapy protocol which somehow got out into the wider world, everything is therapy speak these days, plus

luka

“Plan a morning affirmation or positive statement and look forward to starting your day with it in your mind,” says Taylor. “Some people create a screensaver with it on their phone so it’s the first thing they see.” An example she gives is: “Today I will look for good moments and remember them.” Mort suggests: “May I be open to joy and have many moments of joy ahead.”