Good society

linebaugh

What does your non utopian vision of a 'good society' look like? How do you measure the bad? What sort of compromises are you making, specifically?

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Honestly, all things considered, I'm pretty amazed things aren't worse than they are.

But to answer your question, I just wanna see a more humans climb the Maslow pyramid, a greater percentage of humans to reach a status in life wherein they can self-actualize and pursue fulfillment.

Leo

people will always have strongly held opposing beliefs, so a "good society" might be one where they at least have serious, substantive, civilized debate on the issues and come up with solutions -- oftentimes imperfect ones -- that actually improve lives. occasional compromise and a little less zero-sum gain tribalism could have some benefits. the common good versus my-way-or-the-highway. hard to imagine that happening the current climate, though.

sufi

lala
primitiva3.jpg

linebaugh

The original thought for this thread was like a game where one would say what bad things theyd allow in order for good society to be achieved. So tea says he doesnt want litter, perhaps hes willing to keep the prisons full to make that happen