Forgetting quarantine

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Actual far-right movements and politicians around the world are universally antivaxx/covid-denialist.

mixed_biscuits

a) putting everyone under house arrest (did a fascist government ever do that?)
b) intentionally scaring the populace
c) driving a wedge between the 'clean' and the 'unclean'
d) encouraging people to dob each other in (informants)
e) tarring serious people as agents of disinformation e.g. Professor Heneghan
f) idealising state entities (NHS) and abstract systems

The left were into as much of the above as any of the right were. In a fascist state most of the people on this forum would be on board, not least because they would have found a way to manipulate you into being so e.g. just characterising the opposition as fascists and calling themselves something else....push that out through all media channels and you'll be falling over yourself to avoid the label.

P.S. every right wing government rolled out the vaccine
P.P.S. a properly fascist RW government would have seen the enthusiasm for the clean/unclean distinction that ruled among their LW opponents and had some traction with their own supporters, boosted it and used it to do away with [subset of people] while amping up social control...but it turned out they were less keen on either of these things than the LW = the LW gvts and voters demonstrated that they are more likely to establish the new authoritarianism.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
c) driving a wedge between the 'clean' and the 'unclean'
As the saying goes, every fash accusation is an admission:

mixed_biscuits

So basically you are agreeing that making that distinction is fascist, thereby implicating a far larger proportion of left wingers who were all but ready to bar the unvaccinated from every public space, aided and abetted by the government and its scaremongering messaging.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Do you think Channel 4 will ever do a "Top 100 lockdown things" countdown or would that just be massively distasteful?

I kind of want a round up of all the weird, wonderful, horrible online things that everyone was obsessed with (e.g. "Imagine" celeb singalong)

sufi

lala
Do you think Channel 4 will ever do a "Top 100 lockdown things" countdown or would that just be massively distasteful?

I kind of want a round up of all the weird, wonderful, horrible online things that everyone was obsessed with (e.g. "Imagine" celeb singalong)
I was wondering if there's an urge/desire/space for "back to 2020" nostalgia and what that would even look like?

version

Stuart Maconie reflecting on cooking pasta in his underpants.

mixed_biscuits

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Some of the side effects were QUITE BAD.
Deaths in which covid vaccines are suspected to have a played a part total nine in the UK. Those in which it is thought to have been the main factor make up five of those. This is in a country of nearly 70 million people in which over 90% of adults and teens have had at least one shot.

Well over 200 people died from paracetamol overdoses in the UK in 2021:

Yet oddly enough I've never heard you mention this at all, let alone get all worked up about what a scandal it is.

mixed_biscuits

Deaths in which covid vaccines are suspected to have a played a part total nine in the UK. Those in which it is thought to have been the main factor make up five of those. This is in a country of nearly 70 million people in which over 90% of adults and teens have had at least one shot.

Well over 200 people died from paracetamol overdoses in the UK in 2021:

Yet oddly enough I've never heard you mention this at all, let alone get all worked up about what a scandal it is.
Those are overdoses, you muppet; you can overdose on water ffs

Those stats you quote will have been heavily massaged. Of the people that I know, the following afflictions occurred immediately after a covid vaccination:

- heart attack (42yo)
- chronic severe immobility and joint pain since vaccination x 2
- >1 month chest pains x 2
- >1 month stomach pains x 2

I don't think any submitted to the Yellow Card system so despite the reported side effect incidence being v high for such a treatment one can surmise that it's a lowball figure.

Not to mention the myriad peer-reviewed papers on the vax doing unintended things like spewing out randomly generated proteins.