Distortion

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Surprised there isn't a youtube phenomenon of feeding popular songs through a distortion pedal.

Like the "XXX song slowed down 500%" or whatever

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
distortion, loudness and compression are the great things about clubbing. everything else from the uncircumcised hipster clientele to the drinks is really bad. oh generally the latina bar staff are fantastic cuss they know el turco loco can hammer the in house rum down with em and they know I'm really truly urban, (to be truly urban you have to dissect the suburban boredom of barnet) so they'll pligh me whilst Toby goes home on a miserable comedown at 4 AM.

william_kent

Shaka tapes

the Reading 87 tape was a rough one, buzzzzz....

hand held cassette recorders just couldn't handle the bass

Shaka - Rocket 1992? or 93?

SHAKA! All roads lead to...

i once played this to a mate and he was all like "Discharge [1] has nothing on this"

( ^ several dead people I once knew visible on this, RIP )

*[1] 'ardkore punx who invented thrash metal:

Discharge - Why

`^ weak ^

but all subsumed by the early 90's incarnation of Fucked Up and Naked

( poor translation of Hakada No Rallizes AKA Les Rallizes Denudes )

Les Rallizes Denudes - Club Citta Kawasaki 17 Feb 1993

( I'm so looking forward to the 3 LP "official' release of this that I pre-ordered )

edit: I bought some "bootlegs" of Rallizes that came out on the notorious Phoenix label and they'd obviously tried to "clean up the sound" using "noise reduction" and I was so pissed off because they totally misread the aesthetic

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Shaka tapes

the Reading 87 tape was a rough one, buzzzzz....

hand held cassette recorders just couldn't handle the bass

Shaka - Rocket 1992? or 93?

SHAKA! All roads lead to...

i once played this to a mate and he was all like "Discharge [1] has nothing on this"

( several dead people I once knew visible on this, RIP )

*[1] 'ardkore punx who invented thrash metal:

Discharge - Why

weak

but all subsumed by the early 90's incarnation of Fucked Up and Naked

( poor translation of Hakada No Rallizes AKA Les Rallizes Denudes )

Les Rallizes Denudesx - Club Citta Kawasaki 17 Feb 1993

( I'm so looking forward to the 3 LP "official' release of this that I pre-ordered )

edit: I bought some "bootlegs" of Rallizes that came out on the notorious Phoenix label and they'd obviously tried to "clean up the sound" using "noise reduction" and I was so pissed off because they totally misread the aesthetic

YT account with this Rocket Shaka footage got pulled about 2 months into binging hard on it

ta duck

william_kent

BOC don't fear the reaper

this was a huge tune with home counties acid punx

necking purple om magick from the 'dam, courtney's dad's CIA supplied superman, operation julie white lightning, peace convoy purple blotters

don't fear the reaper 'cos death is not the end, DMT has taught me that much

although just in case I'm mistaken:

RIP Midj - I might have mentioned him before? he's the LSD drenched punk rocker who had a pet crow who he named "My Crow Dot", an archetypal acid punk, taken too soon, etc.,

fuck,

shout out to all wasted "youth"!

( i.e., all who have pushed 20, 30, 40, 50, ++++ etc., )

and now I'm all maudlin,

survivor guilt

linebaugh

Was listening to this a ton recently- the brittle but warm buzz saw guitar tone playing those hanging power chords that thin out and squeak this tinny little feedback sound makes the whole track. Everything cool about the guitar right there in just a few notes

linebaugh

distortion is used here to create the lo fi feeling rather than just leaning on low pass filters. You also get a feeling of heat and mositure, like youre in the rain forest sweating your face off. You get the same feeling of heat via distortion in the electric miles stuff.

william_kent

Mark Stewart - Passcivecation Program

I RAN to the turntable the first time I put this album on

puffing on the needle to blow away imaginary fluff

an education in electro noise!

edit: I've only run to my turntable another time, and that was a shared LSD nightmare that you can ask me about at the next "great northern dissensus meetup" - key words: holographic sound & fisting *****

my favourite Mark:

Mark Stewart - Resistance of the Cell

grandmaster fluff!

sugarhill gang distortion!

***** - this is lie, I positively sprinted to my amplifier once when I put a Masonna album on, I thought the "cones" of my expensive speakers were going to rip and tear

Masonna - Frequency L.S.D . ( Full album )

i got about 5 seconds into this before i broke the land speed record

linebaugh

@borzoi posted this awhile ago. A bootleg grateful dead recording that degrades baskinki style into a john cale esque drone in such a way that it makes you think it was done intentionally. All happens within the first few minites of dark star so no sitting around waiting for the good part

william_kent

Les Rallizes Denudes - The Last One - live 77 - MOST VIOLENCE VERSION

from the greatest live album EVER

I can't express my love for this album enough, and this tune almost encapsulates my aesthetic, although it could have been one minute and 43 seconds longer...

1690004016461.png

I'm going to opt for "enlightenment"

linebaugh

Les rallizes denudes pairs well with alchohol in a way thats unique to alchohol and not just in that way that everyrhing sounds better when a little messed up. Not alot of music works that way with booze.