What is writing?

sus

it's like i'm figuring something out and i want everybody to know. or i see something i want other people to see.

sus

except the annoying part is that the reader isn't on a walk with you so you have to put all this work in setting up the contextual scaffolding, all this description and transition and character-building work, just so you can point at the things you've tediously recreated for the reader

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
except the annoying part is that the reader isn't on a walk with you so you have to put all this work in setting up the contextual scaffolding, all this description and transition and character-building work, just so you can point at the things you've tediously recreated for the reader
Yeah lately my writing has just been technical business theory, but I’m definitely trying to convey ideas which are new to me, which doesn’t necessarily mean they’re new to others. Good point re: context building, I’m often challenged by figuring out the extent to which I should be providing contextual info for readers.