Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Endless articles, exhibitions, talks etc. about the boundless benefits of mushrooms (psychedelic and otherwise).

sus

I think the transition from a Rihanna culture to a Taylor Swift culture is emblematic of the development of the 10s more broadly.

Black culture seems to have diminished in power the last half-decade, even as black politics have increased in power. I think this has been alluded to earlier re: the diminished impact of hip-hop.

sus

Part of it is also the shift from domestic culture to international culture. MCU, KPop, Swifties.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The widespread replacement of 'good' and 'bad' by 'based' and 'cringe.'

Relatedly, the ubiquity of 'Virgin vs Chad', 'Wojak/Soyjak' (etc.) memes, and their more or less equally enthusiastic adoption among people of all political positions.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Part of it is also the shift from domestic culture to international culture. MCU, KPop, Swifties.

Artist as Corporation.

It existed before but it took on new heights during this phase.

Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran fans buying their latest releases in several formats including vinyl which most of them don't even have a turntable for. Throw in a key ring, a hoodie and a frisbee and you can have the whole set for a mere 382.45$!! Buy all before the end of the month and you get access to advanced tickets for the upcoming tour where you get to be a single dot in an ocean of hundreds of thousands and can barely see fuck all!

version

I don't play games anymore, and maybe it's simply down to that, but I've the impression the jumps between console generations haven't been as pronounced in the 2010s. When we went from PS1 to PS2 to PS3 there was quite a noticeable upgrade each time, but when I see PS4 and PS5 games they don't look drastically different.

I'm sure someone can point out how many more pixels are in a PS5 game and all sorts of technical stuff, but it feels more like refinement than innovation.

The same goes for phones, I suppose. The jump to smartphones has been followed by a period of tweaks.

shakahislop

Artist as Corporation.

It existed before but it took on new heights during this phase.

Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran fans buying their latest releases in several formats including vinyl which most of them don't even have a turntable for. Throw in a key ring, a hoodie and a frisbee and you can have the whole set for a mere 382.45$!! Buy all before the end of the month and you get access to advanced tickets for the upcoming tour where you get to be a single dot in an ocean of hundreds of thousands and can barely see fuck all!
related to the above, and quite an obvious one: algorithmic optimisation reaching out into every corner of our lives. strange that something as dry as statistical models would end up being so influential. but this is a major shift.