Idle Rich's Short Film Night 27th Sept, Ocio, Free Entry

IdleRich

IdleRich
IMG_20230919_185623.jpg

Free Entry at Ocio

Film Night the return! For those of you suffering a psychedelic withdrawal the wait is almost over.
On Wednesday 27th September we are back at Ocio with a bang, another powerful shot of madness delivered straight to the synapses - free entry from seven thirty when multidirectional DJdiggerpromoterselectoretc Max Dade (Data Centre) takes control of the sounds, skirting the edges of film and dance music, always in danger of falling off but always hanging on... then from half eight get ready for the films, you should know the drill by now, simply assume the crash position and hold on for dear life, hopefully you'll still be with us when we return to this dimension.

IdleRich

IdleRich
That's not a bad idea. I've now got a second guy helping me and we're looking at ways we can expand, I'll ask my technical two if we can do it so people in UK etc can watch.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I will do. I have a general question on how this sort of thing works. Supposing we could do a livestream, would we just point a camera at the front and film what happens? Which would be nothing during the breaks, the speaker during the intro, and the screen/wall during the films. That would be the closest to being "at the event" but I worry about whether you would be able to see/hear the films. Plus it would be boring during the smoking breaks.

The alternative is to somehow livestream the films themselves as we show them so you get higher quality. But it wouldn't exactly feel like you're there.

So it seems there are two ways of doing it - and neither is totally satisfactory. I'm not sure how well I'm explaining this, am I making sense?

sufi

lala
I will do. I have a general question on how this sort of thing works. Supposing we could do a livestream, would we just point a camera at the front and film what happens? Which would be nothing during the breaks, the speaker during the intro, and the screen/wall during the films. That would be the closest to being "at the event" but I worry about whether you would be able to see/hear the films. Plus it would be boring during the smoking breaks.

The alternative is to somehow livestream the films themselves as we show them so you get higher quality. But it wouldn't exactly feel like you're there.

So it seems there are two ways of doing it - and neither is totally satisfactory. I'm not sure how well I'm explaining this, am I making sense?
yeah that does make sense, i was thinking the same,
i guess you could live stream the fag breaks (and speeches or other non-film activities) then stream the films?
or maybe you need two channels??

the livestream might enliven the fag breaks if you can project the online comments in the venue, i've been to some po-faced events which were greatly improved by people pissing about on the twitter wall

IdleRich

IdleRich
yeah that does make sense, i was thinking the same,
i guess you could live stream the fag breaks (and speeches or other non-film activities) then stream the films?
or maybe you need two channels??

the livestream might enliven the fag breaks if you can project the online comments in the venue, i've been to some po-faced events which were greatly improved by people pissing about on the twitter wall

I was thinking that to do it properly you would have to broadcast the intros etc and then stream the films. But is that a viable approach that people use?

Problem is, streaming the films we'd face serious copyright issues. I think that would be out of the question honestly. Unless it was some sort of private channel hmmm I will ask Igor and Taras about this but, although it would be a lot of fun, I think that the problems might be too great.

IdleRich

IdleRich
How about if we filmed and streamed the event, but anyone who watched online was told what we were gonna show and they had to seek it out for themselves to kinda watch along with us?

sufi

lala
I was thinking that to do it properly you would have to broadcast the intros etc and then stream the films. But is that a viable approach that people use?

Problem is, streaming the films we'd face serious copyright issues. I think that would be out of the question honestly. Unless it was some sort of private channel hmmm I will ask Igor and Taras about this but, although it would be a lot of fun, I think that the problems might be too great.
well maybe just stream the event from a camera and you can link to the films online (so people can breach copyright by themselves)?

at least you'll get aome ideas about to do it even better next time

sufi

lala
actually zoom/teams and the like let you show youtubes, so you could just do something like that?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Film 'fficionados of Lisbon, we return once again to wreak a terrible revenge on an uncaring world that cast us cruelly aside...
This month our group of outcasts is augmented by Igor who will be joining us permanently and adding an extra twist to our already deviant take on reality. And furthermore @datamax___ will be providing the appropriate sounds to accompany our brutal filmic assault on sanity - if such do indeed exist.
Tonight, Wednesday 27th Sept; as ever the doors open at seven thirty and the films start at half eight
FREE FUCKING ENTRY