Film Night Eight (or possibly Nine), 18th Oct at Ocio, FREE entry from seven-thirty, possibly a slight Halloween influence woooooo

IdleRich

IdleRich
IMG_20231009_185701.jpg

Ok, we are back on the 18th October, as always it's at Ocio and doors open at 1930 when the DJ sticks the needle where it belongs... ie into the arm... of the record player, and from there into the very groove itself... the films begin at 2030 and somehow, we are still managing to keep entrance free!

My collaborators Taras "goatsucker" Chooprakov and Igor Milosevic, and I met yesterday to plan things and that can only mean one thing - the good people of Lisbon must prepare for their collective brain to receive a good, hard, psychedelic seeing to from the huge, surreal and acid-deformed psychic dildo of films we select.

This is a night for strange film fans, by which I mean both fans of strange films, and, especially, strange people who are fans of film - this post is specifically targeted at the kind of weird freaks who like to watch the freakishly weird films we show. In other words, twisted, bizarre perverts like you!

IMG_20231009_185618.jpg

This month's dj is yet to be confirmed, but whoever they are, they are certain to be fantastic.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

IdleRich

IdleRich
As you can see, I'm experimenting with some ideas for posters etc for the next night... much to the horror of my partners who both have at least some background in design...

I personally think these are not too bad in terms of being psychedelic with a touch of Halloween... but I'm gonna be outvoted for sure so I may as well have some fun.

IMG_20231010_022830.jpg

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yeah of all these, I’d say the second image itself is the most interesting and psychedelic, and it could be stylized a bit more (EG posterized, maybe put through a color filter, better fonts). Also, is that you on all these posters?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah of all these, I’d say the second image itself is the most interesting and psychedelic, and it could be stylized a bit more (EG posterized, maybe put through a color filter, better fonts). Also, is that you on all these posters?

Basically I found that weird white mask and so I took some photos adding several filters and fx plus the writing etc although there seems to be limited number of fonts sadly

All the others don’t strike me as psychedelic really, more like low-budget horror sleaze.

Well it is Halloween so I'm happy with that... I guess it depends what films we select... still looking for tips by the way...

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Basically I found that weird white mask and so I took some photos adding several filters and fx plus the writing etc although there seems to be limited number of fonts sadly

Well it is Halloween so I'm happy with that... I guess it depends what films we select... still looking for tips by the way...
I vaguely recall us talking about Jiri Barta here at some point - you seen this?

sus

Good abs developing up top, but if you cut 5-7lbs you'd get a full washboard. Remember, nothing tastes as good as abs feel