lime house link Nigel Hall

14127890336_428a2d7105.jpg
lime house link zadok ben-david's "restless dream" circle

touchstone1.jpg
The Ishinki Touchstone
2492490_e958d60e.jpg
'Swirl' by Colin Rose, Baltic Quays, Gateshead

022e2aa29e679eabe6a11730e23c2998.jpg
The White Horse at Ebbsfleet designed by Mark Wallinger.

0693929873e54af66e8c3c051ffee1de.jpg
Martin Jennings's Betjeman bronze,

gorb24.jpg
The Gatekeeper gorbals

pinsky_mp-scaled.jpeg
michael pinsky lost-o

barking-4399098840_6b643be6de_o.jpg
oost Van Santen's Lighted Lady of Barking

Victor_Pasmore%27s_%27Apollo_Pavilion%27%2C_Peterlee_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1705684.jpg

Pasmore Apollo Pavilion

198_0.jpg
BOAB 1 1999 lucien simon

450px-The_Meeting_statue_at_St_Pancras_Station.jpg
Paul Day's critically panned St Pancras bronze, The Meeting Place,

SW9_VA_S007-002.jpg
The Brixton Heron

wilson-turning-the-place-over-2-2008.jpg
Turning the Place Over Richard Wilson

2444058768_efcb07034d_b.jpg
Fulcrum (1987) by Richard Serra,
maxresdefault.jpg
Liz Peden - Gorbals Boys

nowhereisland-and-its-embassy-in-mevagissey-1920x1080.jpg

Alex Hartley's Nowhereisland

martin

----
Ughh, I dunno...a lot of it looks shit to me. Always hated what they did to St Pancras Station full stop, let alone that statue. Didn't someone vandalise the Gorbals boys a while ago? There should at least be some local consultation before they commission this stuff.

There was a hoo-ha about that statue of Mary Wollstonecraft in Newington Green, where she looks like an Action Man being blasted skyward by a burst sewer pipe. Nobody could even do a decent job of recreating one of the most interesting ones: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Dog_affair

sufi

lala
that report is from 2012 and castigates public art basically for bureaucracy and isolation from "gallery art", it's very opinionated about the monuments and i enjoyed searching up the images

so i wondered what's up since 2012, an also what @owen has to say on the topic
anyone got this?

sufi

lala
49634695246_08795db338_b.jpg

i think dissensus should carry out an unannounced inspection visit to check this out up close

sufi

lala
We have a ….. sky mirror

that sure does look underwhelming
imageresizer
i saw a great big heron flying a couple of metres over my plot at the allotment earlier,
i was thinking they must be able to spot the sky mirrored in bodies of earthbound water as they flap about in their leisurely way

0bleak

Oh, I was thinking more of a "mirror on the ceiling" kind of thing like everyone in the whole city just openly admitted to being all pervs, and then thought they might as well do the next logical thing.

shakahislop

there was a massive digital clock on the east river in 2018ish which gave you no clue as to what it was counting down. just a massive clock which was counting down from idk 400 days. it had gone after the pandemic.

the 9/11 memorial is one of the bits of art that i've got the most out of over the years. it hits hard even surrounded by happy tourists. the way that the water washes down an unseen hole, the relentlessness of it, it really does something to me, expresses the utter pointlessness of the attack. it's a serious and heavy thing.

i've always liked this one outside the UN. not exactly subtle and a bit cheesy, but that suits the UN.

images

sufi

lala
there was a massive digital clock on the east river in 2018ish which gave you no clue as to what it was counting down. just a massive clock which was counting down from idk 400 days. it had gone after the pandemic.

the 9/11 memorial is one of the bits of art that i've got the most out of over the years. it hits hard even surrounded by happy tourists. the way that the water washes down an unseen hole, the relentlessness of it, it really does something to me, expresses the utter pointlessness of the attack. it's a serious and heavy thing.

i've always liked this one outside the UN. not exactly subtle and a bit cheesy, but that suits the UN.

images
i went to the holocaust museum in berlin recently, that has some powerful architectural/monumental/sculptural art :( dunno how that compares to the 911 memorial

i do like the berlin alexplatz atomic clock, such soviet retro
Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-E1003-0001-001%2C_Berlin%2C_Weltzeituhr_am_Alexanderplatz.jpg