Angry Aesthetes

woops

is not like other people
is this turning into a thread about stuff we don't like? i thought it was about violent reactions, like the lorry driver kicking his TV in when the sex pistols started swearing.

version

Everything I've mentioned is stuff large groups of people have ranted about for years on the basis of aesthetics.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
is this turning into a thread about stuff we don't like?

Unfortunately it probably is, but that tends to be the case with threads like these.

i thought it was about violent reactions, like the lorry driver kicking his TV in when the sex pistols started swearing.

I think those days are probably, for the most part, well behind us. People still get fired up over the specific ideological content of images - the Jyllands Post Mohammed cartoons and stuff like that - but that's completely orthogonal to finding an aesthetic repulsive in itself. And people getting angry over bad language is closer to the former than the latter, anyway.

chava

Other than the Mohamed cartoons some examples from local scene:

some people got midly upset about this:

_DSF9827.jpg

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
why did they get upset by that last one? was there a specific reason? or did people just find it ugly?

sufi

lala
Other than the Mohamed cartoons some examples from local scene:

some people got midly upset about this:

View attachment 16765
i did a lavishly illustrated thread about public art https://www.dissensus.com/threads/17648/ - that does often seem to provoke aesthetic rage and disgust from a range of audiences from the most arty to the least - there are some examples of terrible shit there

chava

why did they get upset by that last one? was there a specific reason? or did people just find it ugly?
Some people believe it resembles a certain sex toy apparently. Also it is placed at the entrance to the island Amager, which colloquially is called "shit island"