DLaurent

I'll have a think about it, thanks for thinking of me. I normally post on here of an evening if I do post with some Dutch Courage. So later I'll have a think, just don't expect too much.

DLaurent

I get nervous about music when surrounded by those with deeper knowledge.

Those 3 are just ones I've genuinely listened to a lot this year. Another that springs to mind instantly is Pam Todd & Love Exchange. It's just been a play on repeat ear worm "Let's Get Together", so I might include that. Then there's others like Alton Ellis I listen to but can't claim much knowledge and want to appear more eclectic.

I will do a list properly though and may or may not include those. Hold tight...

DLaurent

I’ve spent a while thinking about it and decided to just do what I’ve been listening to this year. None of it will be new music unless I think of something

There’s no point in trying to be more obscure than I am. The list will just be a continuation of what’s been playing in my head throughout the year. I said not to expect too much. It doesn’t mean the music is no good, just that the list isn’t going to break any boundaries. I’ve tried doing lists before and done no good so have realistic expectations this time. .

69 - Jam The Box

The reason for this one, I spend a lot of time fishing. I’ve probably gone about 200 times this year, that's more than every other day and a lot of time to myself.

Sounds boring, well I spend a lot of time legering, where I watch the ‘quiver tip’, and I’ll say various things to myself to try and encourage the tip to go round with a bite. The main one is “Bang the box, Jam the box etc”. There’s more than one track with those lyrics, but this is the one I listen to.

DLaurent

Other things that were going on in my head when I chose this track… I like Techno that sounds like it’s come from broken machinery, so could I find a Terrence Dixon track, and I probably could, but not one I’ve been listening to make an honest list. Or I could have just put another track that I have listened to many times this year, Pepe Bradock - Path of Most Resistance… but I don’t want my list to be more obvious than it already will be so couldn't bring myself to chose that even if it would have been very honest. I listened to some First Choice tracks, with the intention of including them and I don't want it to be a 'camp' Disco or 70s feeling to the list so that made me want to choose some Techno to start with.

With that in mind it might take me a few days so I don't make mistakes I end up regretting.

DLaurent

I’ve also given up on making this a ‘mix’ so the tracks don’t have to gel together in one smooth flow.

Esy Morales - Jungle Fantasy

One of the other main things that soothes my soul in life is watching B&W movies as I go to sleep, in particular film noir. One of the best I’ve seen is called Criss Cross and has this weird flute music in a dance scene. I found the track after some searching and it’s this. I’ve posted it before in a thread about melodies.

DLaurent

The majority of my musical listening is Detroit Techno and I’m always hearing stuff I haven’t heard before. I could have picked any well known tracks but this one represents relishing in the obscure. I like finding tracks that haven’t been picked up on and sound like they’re falling apart, just hanging on by a string, with all the typical Detroit sounds.

Sean Deason - Ode To Detroit

DLaurent

This is the only game I’ve fully played this year. There’s more iconic Amiga music than this but this must have been implanted in my head from a young age and I love the waltzy feel to ti. There’s a few different versions to it I think, depending on the power of your computer.

Beneath a Steel Sky OST

luka

version says ge doesntr like ig so far but fuck what oter people think version is implicated in a child trafficking ring from haiti

DLaurent

I used to do the best acapella chops that I'd heard back when I had Logic. I've never heard anyone else do 'Generative Music' chops, meaning I could load any acapella into the same or similar Logic setup using the Random functions and it would play endlessly. There is a catch though because it also morphs creating new words as it endlessly plays. I also made the Rain in the background using a noise oscillator. Unfortunately this is the only recording I have left. I did have a good one with a First Time Ever I Saw Your Face acapella... and it kept saying First First First etc... and I thought that was cool. I had some pan/stereo effects on it too, this ones a bit narrow.

Sirenography - Siren

DLaurent

I do wish I still had Logic. If I could make music like anyone it would be STL. I used to try and make stuff like this. He makes so much music its hard to listen to it all.

Lunatik Sound System - Winter Frost