DLaurent

I think that's it. Probably posted some of them before, but that's my year in music. Left out some I definitely have posted before like King Sunny Ade - 365 is my Number (Dial), some that I don't really like but have gave a try like Willie Hutch, and some I'd get blasted for even more, like Love Theme From ChinaTown. Was never going to do a full Disco style list either.

william_kent

I’ve also given up on making this a ‘mix’ so the tracks don’t have to gel together in one smooth flow.

Esy Morales - Jungle Fantasy

One of the other main things that soothes my soul in life is watching B&W movies as I go to sleep, in particular film noir. One of the best I’ve seen is called Criss Cross and has this weird flute music in a dance scene. I found the track after some searching and it’s this. I’ve posted it before in a thread about melodies.

I knew this sounded familiar

I have this "exotica" do-over by Arthur Lyman ( Martin Denny gets all the praise, but true "heads" know Arthur is the man /s )

fantastic album art, a whole "colonial studies" PhD is due on this one album cover

OC0zNzQwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Arthur Lyman - Jungle Fantasy

the snare hits hard on the first few bars / batacuda mayhem

humans imitating bird calls / jungle whoops!

lovely percussion / timbale action to rival Tito Puente

no flute!

william_kent

i also have this record in my collection

007 vibes

Living Percussion - Jungle Fantasy

I think it's the same tune but it's been "augmented" with some furious marimba ( or is it zylophone? ) workout

same title anyway

edit: too drunk to tell tbh, it has flute on it so must be the same tune, me be fucked from sub par tiki bar exotica spiced rum