Delia and Gavin.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
jed_ said:
outbid? it's pretty freely available in online and (depending on where you are i suppose) real life record stores. there's no need to bit for it, it's not a limited edition. both boomkat and juno have it at the moment.

Yeah but you forget how cheap I am.

notoriousJ.I.M

mms said:
are the dfa label an emi off shoot, do they still get distributed by however distributes emi?
weird to think of emi doing vinyl in this day and age innit .....

I think the DFA have a similar arrangement with EMI to Kling Klang, it's released under exclusive license to them. I reckon they are quite commited to vinyl actually, they usually release 12"s as quality heavyweight pressings.

O

Omaar

Live!

I can't believe that I missed this thread, and thus didn't discover that 2 of the best things I've heard in the last year - casual friday and rise (dfa mix) - are in fact by the same people. dumb.

Too make things worse I've also just discovered that they're playing tomorrow night in London and I can't make it .... :

http://www.ourdisco.com/

How good are they playing out? Worth cancelling a weekend away?

mms

sometimes
might try and reach this too - keeping in mind that pp is very small and it's probably a popular night

tryptych

waiting for a time
yes, last time i went to Ourdisco it got rammed. was a bit shit as well. hopefully d&g will make it better..

owen

i- was leaving- the office

Omaar said:
they're playing tomorrow night in London and I can't make it .... :

argh! i could go, but am utterly exhausted at mo (for aptly work-related reasons that i may start a thread on at some point) so i wouldn't have fun. shame really cos 'casual friday' still staggers me with its excellence. also having three languages in is a good thing. more multilingual trance-kraut-disco records would make the world a warmer place

(they do not look good though, sorry- that beard is unacceptable outside of religious communities)

mms

sometimes
owen said:
Omaar said:
they're playing tomorrow night in London and I can't make it .... :

argh! i could go, but am utterly exhausted at mo (for aptly work-related reasons that i may start a thread on at some point) so i wouldn't have fun. shame really cos 'casual friday' still staggers me with its excellence. also having three languages in is a good thing. more multilingual trance-kraut-disco records would make the world a warmer place

(they do not look good though, sorry- that beard is unacceptable outside of religious communities)

where are they playing tomorrow - i can't be fucked going tonight - regardless of the music there is only half a chance of gettting in and it will be packed and orribul

tryptych

waiting for a time
hmm well yes turned up at 11, with people who had us on the guestlist. but the queue was enourmous and fucking cold... so went home. sigh.

mms

sometimes
notoriousJ.I.M said:
There's a Carl Craig remix of Delia and Gavin coming out soon. :cool:

i get the feeling carl craig is over his crap patch now and getting more exciting.
enjoyed his fabric mix cd ..

jed_

they were absolutley thrilling live last night, in spite of the fact that the show was fairly static. (no fancy light show or anything, unlike the video file that Woebot posted) they played for about 45 minutes but they could easily have done a terry riley-style "all night flight" and i would have been hooked through the whole thing. Tim Sweeney's DJing was tremendous too. i don't think i've ever seen a dj have so much fun while playing.