Grimeforum is down and dead. So Please Could Negative Miami Post Here.

Negative Miami:

1 - The Rent is Too Damn High
2 - Traffic Bad
3 - Powerful Temperature
4 - Republican
5 - Many, Many, Many, Many Other Thing

Positive Miami:

The name Negative Miami. is an extension of the original name Negative.

Negative Miami is the negative name of the future.

Named Negative Miami because Miami is negatives city in the USA.

The Negative part of Negative Miami is simply a name and does not represent a negative mindset.

sus

Negative Miami, what do you think about electropop artist Grimes's appropriation of the genre designator "grime"? Relatedly, what do you think of the electronic duo Jungle's appropriation of the genre designator "jungle"?

Negative Miami, what do you think about electropop artist Grimes's appropriation of the genre designator "grime"? Relatedly, what do you think of the electronic duo Jungle's appropriate of the genre designator "jungle"?

The story about grimes and her name is that she encountered the name grime by chance and encountered the genre name grime by chance on myspace, then named herself grimes.

Grime is a random genre to grimes however not to me. i think she should continue down the route that her fateful chance encounter took her down and research grime and its origins. I would like to hear a few grime instrumental experiments from grimes personally. (I would also like to have a grimes interview of grimes top 10 grime albums and her top ten grime tracks)

Negative Miami is not that familiar with jungle's work, however jungle are not from canada, like grimes who was from an alien culture to grime, when she chose the name grimes. And grime was not as popular as it is now.

From negatives point of view jungle are from england so if they were to name themselves jungle they should pay homage to jungle culture and make jungle music. Negative Miami would state that the group jungle shouldnt patronise 90s soundsystem jungles music.

Reactions: sus

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
also went down a couple of years ago. looks like whoever hosts it ain't paying his bills.

Luckily most of it got archived on wayback.