8d19b1.jpg

william_kent

cross post

this disgusted @Mr. Tea

157_503x503.png

Yee Kwan Hong Kong Milk Tea

I will buy this ice cream on sight

my current favourite

there was a Triad money laundering operation in Chinatown, Manchester, UK that purported to be a "Hong Kong" style cafe and it is the only place I have ever encountered that actually sold "Yin Yang" tea, an amazing combination of tea, coffee, and condensed milk

my secret partner can speak mandarin so we ordered some food and drinks but we were the only customers and while I delighted in the heavenly flavours of 'yin yang' tea there was a succession of Chinese folks asking favours of the triad owners and they were greeted with one of the few 'chinese' words I know: 'mayo' ( I think it means "no", "don't have", "can not do". etc )

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
cross post

this disgusted @Mr. Tea

157_503x503.png

Yee Kwan Hong Kong Milk Tea

I will buy this ice cream on sight

my current favourite

there was a Triad money laundering operation in Chinatown, Manchester, UK that purported to be a "Hong Kong" style cafe and it is the only place I have ever encountered that actually sold "Yin Yang" tea, an amazing combination of tea, coffee, and condensed milk

my secret partner can speak mandarin so we ordered some food and drinks but we were the only customers and while I delighted in the heavenly flavours of 'yin yang' tea there was a succession of Chinese folks asking favours of the triad owners and they were greeted with one of the few 'chinese' words I know: 'mayo' ( I think it means "no", "don't have", "can not do". etc )
You know what? Fuck it, you only live once. There's a couple of independent Chinese grocers up the other end of town. Next time I'm in one, I'll see if they have any of this stuff.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Western ice cream is emulsifier filled sludge, you can feel the crap in it clogging your brain synapses as soon as it reaches yr bloodstream.
only Turkish dondurma (preferably goat milk) or occasionally Lahori kulfi (pistachio or almond or maybe mango) is acceptable.
Unless you tried those you know nothing about ice cream I'm sorry
You've obviously only ever had shit supermarket ice cream.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Either that, or it's just "that thing you like is shit, I like this far superior obscure, exotic thing that you haven't had", i.e. the most basic form of bourgeois foodieism.

mixed_biscuits

luka

@woops replace booze with ice cream cos your body will be missing the sugar from the booze you need to top it up urgently