James Hype

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
That part of it can be a good little hustle

People adjacent to my extended family in Ireland had a son who wanted to "be" a DJ and got done out of 5 grand for a course.

Can't hate on the graft

ouch. It's pretty easy now though. Not that I have a problem with digital djing. I'm no vinyl fetishist. A lot of vinyl djs have always been quite boring outside of jungle/dancehall/grime.

The software like virtual dj or tractor can guide you all through the process. 5 grand to learn something you can learn on your jacks in an afternoon? that's a lot.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Although maybe that's because I got in the habit of making (non) dj mixtapes as a kid to listen to on the way to school. back then the best accessible player was a walkman or cd walkman. So no rockbox and talking mp3 player for the visually impaired.

wild greens

It really was an ingenious idea, I thought. I think this was maybe 2010, so you're probably looking at about 8500 today?

From what I remember it was a 4 week thing, there was homework- maybe you had to listen to Bonkers 3- and I don't think he even got a fake booking out of it. Few of those a year and you're sorted

maybe that's because I got in the habit of making (non) dj mixtapes as a kid to listen to on the way to school.

Bit of a lost art the non-dj mixtape. I know there's endless playlists now but the time constraints help sometimes. A lad in work puts on his "club" one sometimes and it's about 3 days long

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It really was an ingenious idea, I thought. I think this was maybe 2010, so you're probably looking at about 8500 today?

From what I remember it was a 4 week thing, there was homework- maybe you had to listen to Bonkers 3- and I don't think he even got a fake booking out of it. Few of those a year and you're sorted

Bit of a lost art the non-dj mixtape. I know there's endless playlists now but the time constraints help sometimes. A lad in work puts on his "club" one sometimes and it's about 3 days long

You can do it in foobar by merging all the tracks into one single mp3 file. Of course, you can go overboard with that as well, but I don't think anyone wants to listen to a 72 hour mp3 file. Er, what was the track at 52:31 again?