WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
I can’t do this thread, it’s either too little or too much

a tune @Leo referenced might be more suited, multiple rewinds first exposure rushin, it comes on like clean cocaine and eases off as quickly too

blissblogger

This really takes off around the 20 minute mark and goes into perpetual-ascent mode - I don't know if it's exactly "the music of flight" but it's some kind of Icarus-rock.

(I guess the bit I'm talking about is "track 3" - really more like a phase in one giant double-album-length piece. Represented by a pictogram ♡ instead of a title)

Prior to this I found the Boredoms really irritating, that sort of splatterily eclectic splurge-purge, attention-deficit-disorder jump-cut frenzy thing. Memories of seeing them live and thinking "what a waste of energy". And underneath the "craziness", just as much a product of Tokyo's legendarily amazing record shops as the daintier stuff coming out of Japan (Pizzicato Five, Cornelius) - just that here, as with other Japanoise types, it's extremes-of-music--oriented record shopping that was getting reconfigured as music-making.

But then they seemed overnight to ... not exactly "grow up' but decide that they wanted to be in the business of elevation.

version

This one's always sounded like spiraling out into space to me. It's floaty, but has a propulsion to it. We're way beyond the clouds at this point.

And this one's almost Biblical, like being beamed up in a column of sunlight.

Our old favourite.

chava

This one's always sounded like spiraling out into space to me. It's floaty, but has a propulsion to it. We're way beyond the clouds at this point.

all solid tracks, but this one need an extra mention as this is one of my all time favorites and that's rare as it's not from the 90s. Nearly sublime, weightless vibe and sounds like it was made without effort whatsoever

version

There's a distinction between not just floating and flying, but also ascending. There are guitar solos that sound like the guitarist's about to start levitating and take off into the stratosphere, but they have no horizontal momentum. It's a different kind of flight, like an angel or rocket rather than a plane.

Vertical -- 18:50

Horizontal -- 1:09