biscuit reccomendations

william_kent

this gave me PTSD flashbacks to my primary school days when I'd open my packed lunch box and there would be a

13242183_10153617394081463_244913946_o.jpg

Blue Riband sitting there

If there was ever a product that fit perfectly into my own personal prison for crap confectionery, the Blue Riband would not be it, as it deserves far worse than that.
Disgracing the bottom of our biscuit tins and backs of our cupboards since 1936, the Blue Riband is, according to Nestle, “a real family favourite”, meaning they’ve probably only acquired data from families who have never eaten or seen another chocolate biscuit.

worst biscuit EVER

william_kent

ten years ago I was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA for the "Highland games" and after my mother had had a go at the stall holder who was wearing the Black Watch tartan - his "anyone can wear it" spiel didn't hold water as far as she was concerned - I turned round and there was a stall selling "Welsh Cookies" and it was my turn to interrogate and insult the Americans - I told him "they're WELSH CAKES!" and he replied "but they look like cookies and I can't sell them if I use their real name, Americans get confused, what can I do?"

last time I was Cardiff I bought some of these, from this market stall;

cardiff-bakestones.jpg

Scones by any other names

edit: apart from the massive batch of welsh cakes I bought, Cardiff market was memorable because there was a record stall and I bought this original press Earth and Stone tune for about half the going price on discogs at the time

unfortunately it was re-released a month later for twelve pounds a pop

Eearth and Stone - False ruler

william_kent

Americans would be confused - "but it's a cake!"

but no, Fig Rolls fall squarely within the "biscuit" category

we have laws about biscuits!

serious business, no laughing matter

craner

Beast of Burden
ten years ago I was in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA for the "Highland games" and after my mother had had a go at the stall holder who was wearing the Black Watch tartan - his "anyone can wear it" spiel didn't hold water as far as she was concerned - I turned round and there was a stall selling "Welsh Cookies" and it was my turn to interrogate and insult the Americans - I told him "they're WELSH CAKES!" and he replied "but they look like cookies and I can't sell them if I use their real name, Americans get confused, what can I do?"

last time I was Cardiff I bought some of these, from this market stall;

cardiff-bakestones.jpg

Scones by any other names

edit: apart from the massive batch of welsh cakes I bought, Cardiff market was memorable because there was a record stall and I bought this original press Earth and Stone tune for about half the going price on discogs at the time

unfortunately it was re-released a month later for twelve pounds a pop

Eearth and Stone - False ruler

I think I cleared out Kelly's of most of their 80s soul which they were selling for £5 per record because they didn't really know what it was.

Everything else there is very overpriced.

william_kent

I think I cleared out Kelly's of most of their 80s soul which they were selling for £5 per record because they didn't really know what it was.

Everything else there is very overpriced.

yeah, that's the stall - they don't know the proper prices for some reggae, which was to my advantage