biscuit reccomendations

william_kent

I'm old enough to remember when Kit Kats came wrapped in tin foil and you'd see the biscuits discarded on the ground because the smackheads only wanted the foil to get a trickle going with their brown

same as when they'd ask you for a cig and they'd just rip the filter off to throw into their dirty spoon and discard the baccy segment

I remember when my friend went into a SPAR and asked for some lighter fluid for her Zippo and got a lecture about 'we won't sell that, inhalants are bad, etc.' but there was a whole bunch of Jif lemons behind the counter which they'd happily sell anyone with a blackened spoon

martin

----
The one with the two cows stamped on it. Trademark of quality.

I quite liked the matcha Kit Kat and another mad Jap flavour, think it was apple pie?

@sufi , I couldn't enjoy a biscuit like that, reminds me of missing children posters.

@william_kent We also had a work tradition of bringing delicious snacks back from trips. I was going to bring them a box of Pralines from New Orleans (the proper bakery-made ones). But then I decided they didn’t deserve such a treat, so I scarfed down the lot.

william_kent

@william_kent We also had a work tradition of bringing delicious snacks back from trips. I was going to bring them a box of Pralines from New Orleans (the proper bakery-made ones). But then I decided they didn’t deserve such a treat, so I scarfed down the lot.

yeah, I gave them the Don Quijote bag of strawberry Kit Kats but I hung on to the presentation boxes

and every time I've been to the former DDR the Leipzig Lerche ended up in my belly long before I sat at my desk

leipziger-lerchen-startbild-015.jpg

a shortcrust filled with a mixture of crushed almonds, nuts and a cherry.

there's a chain of pastry shops in Leipzig that sell the lerche which has a logo featuring an almost crying girl child ^

not quite 'dark", but definitely 'creepy' ^

martin

----
are you talking "malted milk"?

Malted_Milk_biscuit.jpg

this is one of my "go to" biscuits

I can demolish a pack of these within the span of an evening
Yep that's the one. Maybe it's just one cow, now I'm looking at it.

(was just about to do a Sotos parody about crawling around glory holes for jaffa cake crumbs...prob best you deleted it, lol)

william_kent

Yep that's the one. Maybe it's just one cow, now I'm looking at it.

(was just about to do a Sotos parody about crawling around glory holes for jaffa cake crumbs...prob best you deleted it, lol)

yeah, I suddenly had PURE thoughts and decided Sotos references might not be in the best taste

william_kent

like I said there's a surplus of the matcha flavour Kit Kats flooding the UK Chinese supermarkets, but no other Japanese Kit Kats on their shelves, which says to me that the Japanese are not going for it

so "meh'