Going out in London/UK 2024 (or not?)

sufi

lala
Apparently it's all over, the number of clubs in uk has dropped from 3000 in 2005 to under 1000 now, nightlife is dead, nothing happening on this early evening street where I'm sitting now apart from a stream of trudging commuters, im sitting outside this Greek cafe run by Albanians where at least there are tables one can sit down at in the drizzle and a Czech microbrewery with fairy lights a few doors down, nothing will be open by midnight,

London was a 24 hour city for about 2 weeks in 2013 if you knew where to look but has slumped back into its usual sullen twilight of huddled smokers outside stingy Victorian pubs, dancing is off the menu

...according to a bunch of complaining articles that seem to have been coming out all over almost daily (ok mostly in the guradnian by @danhancox)

Is that correct, has London and UK nightlife expired? Tell us your experiences please

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I can't compare it to the glory years (London's and my own).

But I've recently been to some good nights at Corsica Studios, Ormside Projects and FOLD.

No doubt it is boring and gentrified etc compared to the 00s, let alone the 90s, but there's presumably still more active clubs in London than in any other British city, based on sheer size alone?

maxi

loads of people in London going out excited about music and clubbing every week, as always

im not really one of them so can't speak much to it, but some of my friends are

the main venues I think are MOT, ormside, fold, corsica, peckham audio

wild greens

Late night pubs of London pretty useful

I think it's fair to bemoan the lack of night culture if you can't be arsed dancing to be honest.

sufi

lala
My current favourite London clubs, Ormside Projects, Venue MOT and The Carpet Shop, are all grassroots, unshowy venues with brilliant sound systems and relaxed atmospheres, and all opened in the last decade – The Carpet Shop, only 18 months ago.
according to @mos dan in his garudian article
so that means there are at least 5 viable clubs in london no, plus oto that's 6