shakahislop

one great NYC thing that I've only noticed in the last couple of years are a few people who busk playing ambient music, one guy in tompkins park and another who move around soho and nolita, I really like that. you kind of approach these stable tones that get louder as you get closer, like a little bubble of atmosphere

mixed_biscuits

one great NYC thing that I've only noticed in the last couple of years are a few people who busk playing ambient music, one guy in tompkins park and another who move around soho and nolita, I really like that. you kind of approach these stable tones that get louder as you get closer, like a little bubble of atmosphere
Is this on electronic kit?

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
One in town I’ve weighed up stamping to death a few times but not a very constructive move, so just avoid the cunt with a different route through Market Sq

Our youngest spotted him recently and raced over, only to splash the bloke repeatedly by puddle dancing, before I could grip his sopping playtime folly of excess

Props - wee Popeye Doyle hat in deerskin brown, tiny “def not a public order infringement” speaker, garments of a kind not seen since The Levellers were around, cold day I kinda feel for the man I mean it’s raw and no nylon strings on his instrument and a coat which gets in the way of dexterous arm movements. Warm weather he cakes it, mind

Setup - acoustic guitar, occasional harmonica, foot as kick drum

Tunes - songs about “little cats”, some Dexys Midnight Runners guff, CCR - note you can’t go all in with introversion and public entertainment - Rod Cunting Stewart, Mott the Hoople (get tae fuck), with a few soul classics which don’t really work on acoustic guitar either, ie the cunt has zero swing

Aye, not a fan but if you don’t graft you don’t get paid either

william_kent

I hate those not quite a steel drum hippy things aka "handspan drum"

nothing against girls with underarm hair and unwashed dreads but.. cut it out

Yuki & Taku

fucking didj thrown in, ffs

oh, and fucking ankle bells...

I was trying to find a clip of the woman who polluted the air in Dresden last time I was there, but came up with nought

luka

it's the only thing i do do. i quite enjoyed yuki and taki. i've heard a lot worse i can tell you. there's a man at bankside thats always there, day in day out, like me, and he's remixed halleululijah (which is a song i hate anyway) as harry potter to get the tourist coin.

luka

we tend not to talk to the music people. they're not very nice as a rule, and not very happy. i do talk to michael whos the dread that plays that brazilian instrument that only has one string. a couple of other people might get a grudging nod but that's it.

luka

millions of those clips now since this one came out. maybe this was genuine but why would you happen to be filming some shit busker?

luka

i was telling barty the other day to get a load of margarine tubs and catering size mayonaisse containers and set up as a street drummer. one long matted dreadlock.

william_kent

techno busking with pots & pans

f u Jeffy Mills

too bald for a dreadlock but whatever, old 'it could be butter" tubs on display

luka

halleiluijah is definitely the worst busking standard. wonderwall is the best. always painful hearing euros doing bob marley.