Lebron James, Jesus Christ, Beyonce, and Messianic figures

kid charlemagne

@version and I were talking about how Taylor swift is uniquely insular among pop stars to ever reach her level of fame. She has no affect on music trends whatsoever, no influence. She’s oddly absent from public space- not that she isn’t everywhere but i don’t hear her as often as I hear less popular artists when in bars/restraunts/ in commercials and etc. I don’t think there’s ever been another musician to hold the title of worlds most popular while simultaneously being so specifically for her fan base. That insularity can be read as ‘religious,’ in the spirit of the thread.
yea ive always been so fascinated by her universality among specific groups. there are men who like here, yea, but those concerts are just a sea of white women. i see women on dating apps who will mention her in their profile, and i dont understand why they would think i would want to talk about her

sus

As a wise man once said. "Getting out of the habit of deflation is one of the most useful things you can do for yourself. The tendency to dismiss and diminish will leave you in a far more boring world than the one you deserve to live in."

linebaugh

yea ive always been so fascinated by her universality among specific groups. there are men who like here, yea, but those concerts are just a sea of white women. i see women on dating apps who will mention her in their profile, and i dont understand why they would think i would want to talk about her
it’s cause we’ve taken everything else from white women, she’s all they have left

Ian Scuffling

sorry it was tangential i just tire of the insistent "mankind is exhausted sclerotic and doomed" theme on here. it's boring and also i frankly can't take it seriously by what my picture of the world looks like
I'm not sure if you're referring to my post as part of this, but I'd be curious to hear your opposing view if so. I didn't really intend mine to be so pessimistic.

sus

There must be uncertainty to go on, no one can trod through mechanical enactment, rolling themselves like billiard balls endlessly uphill

version

untitled.png

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Wasn’t there a Giants fan who did forked signs at opposition pitchers? Late 60’s, early 70’s?

Heard from a Phils mate aeons ago, can’t find the source and pushed for time