DLaurent

is this correct @DLaurent? not so in my limited trout experience, but they do stay tend to in the same spot, i dunno if they are territorial or care about boulders though

I always thought they must have an interesting view of life, the trout in the stream, life constantly coming at you with bugs and snacks but if you stop pedalling against the flow you will be washed away, ultimately you would end up in the sea but trout are not salmon or eels they are either fresh or salt as far as i undertsnad not both.

also disappointed to know that heraclitus of the wise words about the river also said about the inevitability of war: "Πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς, καὶ τοὺς μὲν θεοὺς ἔδειξε τοὺς δὲ ἀνθρώπους, τοὺς μὲν δούλους ἐποίησε τοὺς δὲ ἐλευθέρους." = "War is the father and king of all: some he has made gods, and some men; some slaves and some free" so he was a bit of a warmonger bon mot originator, i wonder did he do anything or just come up with dinky memes?

I don't know about Trout really. You do get different kinds, Sea Trout, Rainbow, Brown etc but I couldn't say much about their behaviour as I've only ever caught 2 of them. Hooked another one but it jumped out the water and shed the hook.

sufi

lala
I don't see why not, in that someone hypnotising you in person is mostly audio and visual data.
what about via flashing gifs on the internets?
0a97c21229de93108f29227eb60270b5.gif

shakahislop

Do you think you can do it with music or film? I have definitely felt hypnotized by some of Apichatpong Weerasethakul's films.
i saw one of his in the cinema and you're right. coming out the cinema and walking across town at night afterwards felt strange in a good way. i felt like my perception was very clear. one of the best bits of going to the cinema i think, the first minutes after you cross the threshold out of the door.

shakahislop

i've had it with a couple of slow arty things, tarkovsky and akerman, particularly the latter, where you walk out and the world seems comparatively really fast moving, loads of stuff going on everywhere on the street, your attention latches onto and takes in everything that happens

luka

it's a great feeling, walking into enchanted night, random events mean something, you have forced the subjective onto the randomly occuring world and made it cohere to narrative. wind in thy sails shipmates!

germaphobian

I don't see why not, in that someone hypnotising you in person is mostly audio and visual data.

There is a great probability that we're all hypnotized at this very moment - there wouldn't be no way of knowing, no? Even traffic light is sort of primitive hypnosis if you really think about it. And that's just what three colors can do to you - so multiply that by billion and put it in the hands of an evil, odious mastermind.

mixed_biscuits

There is a great probability that we're all hypnotized at this very moment - there wouldn't be no way of knowing, no? Even traffic light is sort of primitive hypnosis if you really think about it. And that's just what three colors can do to you - so multiply that by billion and put it in the hands of an evil, odious mastermind.
Indeed, especially as children are in different brain wave states, being the more hypnotisable the younger they are. Evolution has selected for extremely high suggestibility and culture is aware of this and restricts access to the paths of communication to children...until now when children can be being hypnotised by any through their multifarious devices.

Ian Scuffling

i've had it with a couple of slow arty things, tarkovsky and akerman, particularly the latter, where you walk out and the world seems comparatively really fast moving, loads of stuff going on everywhere on the street, your attention latches onto and takes in everything that happens
Felt this way with Memoria, Tropical Malady, Uncle Boonmee, and First Reformed. I saw First Reformed with a friend and we were silent for the next 2 hours. The first three I think were the sort of hypnosis we're talking about, but the latter I think was more the knowledge of seeing a film so definitive, transcendental and attuned to the zeitgeist there was really nothing to say.