The Universal Memory.

luka

ive often felt as though there is a trauma-occluded catastrophe we try to reconstruct in our imagination. the first fall.

this is what i was getting at in this series of posts

so how was it done how engineered the skyfall

memory reconstruction frame by frame analytis

TRYING THE PIN THE STORY DOWN AND GET IT STRAIGHT!

RECONVENE THE ASSEMBLEY PUT THE FRAGMENTS BACK

AND RECAPITULATE THE TALE OF THE TRIBE

luka

and its a central theme in finnegans wake as i was saying

there does seem to be some thing about building upwards as incurring the punishment of god. HCE is a (free)mason, he is a hod-carrier and falls while ercting a wall. he builds the citys skyscrapers by the river
and linked to thaat having an erection and a cheeky wank

luka

this man of hod, cement and edi- fices in Toper's Thorp piled buildung supra buildung pon the banks for the livers by the Soangso. He addle liddle phifie Annie ugged the little craythur. Wither hayre in honds tuck up your part inher. Oftwhile balbulous, mithre ahead, with goodly trowel in grasp and ivoroiled overalls which he habitacularly fondseed, like Haroun Childeric Eggeberth he would caligulate by multiplicab- les the alltitude and malltitude until he seesaw by neatlight of the liquor wheretwin 'twas born, his roundhead staple of other days to rise in undress maisonry upstanded (joygrantit!), a waalworth of a skyerscape of most eyeful hoyth entowerly, erigenating from

5 UP
next to nothing and celescalating the himals and all, hierarchitec- titiptitoploftical, with a burning bush abob off its baubletop and with larrons o'toolers clittering up and tombles a'buckets clotter- ing down.

luka

violent catacyclmic end

accicendent reversal the same scene again and again

do you see it reconstructed

the impact site the blast radius

luka

it's what i was getting at here

We all want the same thing, to get the hell out of here,
retrace our steps back to that fatal decision point
before the trap was sprung
before we stumbled blind
into
THE INEVITABLE.
Fresh from the oven.

If we could only remember recover the past and thus regain a future
the cardboard walls fall away and the wind from outside sweeps in-
It is a remembering, blind feeling finger on the skin of time, registering
the scar tissue, the trauma, it was here
that it happened
that we fell
and hit our head.

conditioned pain and electric shock repels the groping mind. Thrown back again,
amnesiac.

Unable to remember the last time we died.

luka

the mason man Hiram gets whacked on the head in the temple by three rogues. at least i think that's how the story goes

luka

Sufi cyclonic rapture of the light
is stained glass
stained glass rapture
the blow to the head
is the fall
from spinning roundaboutly

luka

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Life is a trap the longer you live. A word exists for the collective trauma of all life to have lived on Earth - all its pain, all its monstrous horrors, getting eaten alive, bleeding out during childbirth - but I can’t remember it

Concussions induce a ruptured sense of “wtf just happened, did it really happen? Here? Did it? Are you sure? Can you show me? I don’t know how to put the pieces back together”

Likewise megaliths, bolted anchors of hubris uniting solar and lunar skies to the womb of the earth, complete with lost memories, biographies, where archaeologists fluff around trying to humanise stone (or stone tape theory wank folk horror), take your pick

‘Willing on the catastrophe‘ feeds into accessing such o.p descriptors - can you tear open the fabric of spacetime and recover from it, reset, see the future peeking through? Maybe, except the catastrophe is buried way way back in the long ago, concussed, unsure, adrenaline’s imprint sour-aged by cortisol

other_life

bioconfused
ive been thinking a lot lately about the First Temple - in one centralised location, made of stone and built by slaves - as a fall from grace vis a vis the Tent of Meeting - moving with the congregation, made of a variety of discreet materials woven into one framework, and all of those materials volunteered by the congregation.

Benny Bunter

You should read this great essay by Owen Barfield on the history of the word 'ruin'. He traces its use all through the history of poetry, from the Greeks/Romans through Chaucer, Spenser, Shakespeare, Pope, Wordsworth, Tennyson etc. It's maybe only tangentially related to what you're on about, but I think tracing the meaning of words back this way to their origins is a good way of tapping into that universal memory, and the word itself is relevant to some sort of catastrophe

This is how it starts.

"Schoolboys are taught to translate
the Latin verb 'ruo' by one of two words, 'rush' or 'fall.' It does in a sense mean both these things; yet to the imagination neither rendering alone is an adequate equivalent. There is, indeed, no equivalent, and it is only possible, from some familiarity with native contexts, to feel the word's full significance.
Nearly always it carries a large sense of swift, disastrous movement (eg; of a deluge of rain). The Greek xxx 'to flow,' and cognate words in other European languages, suggest that the old rumbling, guttural 'r,' which modern palates have so thinned and refined, may have been mouthed for the first time in inarticulate mimicry of
something swiftly and noisily rushing — a waterfall, perhaps, or a tumbling tree. When the forces of Nature are still untamed and strange, a rushing noise is often the prelude to disaster; the swiftest motion is a downward motion; things are always falling. Hence
it is not surprising that the stem from which the Latin language made 'ruo' should have come to convey a special and very lively notion of collapse.

When the substantive ruina came to be formed, it contained this part only of the original notion of the verb; moreover, it could mean the thing fallen as well as the falling itself. But in Latin the four letters r-u-i-n never lost the power to suggest movement. They may have a concrete meaning; to some readers this may be all: 'La plupart des lecteurs, et meme des ecrivains, ne leur demandent qu'un sens.' But in point of fact the word has a soul, too, and its soul is in motion.
Si fractus illabatur orbis,
Impavidum ferient ruinae
says Horace; the world is still falling when the stanza ends..."

Benny Bunter

The monstrous sight
Struck them with horror backward, but far worse
Urged them behind; headlong themselves they threw
Down from the verge of Heaven; eternal wrath
Burnt after them to the bottomless pit.
Hell heard the unsufferable noise, Hell saw
Heaven ruining from Heaven