DILBERT VS MVUENT : Sickest most insane sonics battle royale

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
You can put a mix together like a track in a DAW too. That method affords all sorts of options for manipulating audio. Just drag the tunes in, chop them about, arrange them and fade them into each other, then run them through various mixer channels and FX chains.

you can but its quicker to do it in realtime, especially if you use the headphone cue.

dilbert1

That's mad how youlike golden era jungle (my golden era, late 90s) so much in a way

Well I’m not alone in that American millennials and zoomers have been ‘rediscovering’ jungle since around the Trump election. I came to it out of an appreciation of post-punk and an exhaustion with pop music, realizing at some point in the 80s dance music was what was vital, signaled by the FOMO mediocrity of “Blue Monday” for instance. So I checked out 28 Gun Bad Boy around 2013 but it took a couple years for things to register, then I stumbled onto ’96 dnb thru the lens I described yesterday in the Mo Wax thread. But difference between me and my generational cohort being, they’re mostly all posers who associate jungle with anime, video games and commercial IP, bastardized 90s nostalgia and what not. I’m on the other hand a wicked authentic autodidact badman!!! Lol except theres actually plenty of people my age who are properly into jungle and hang out in online communities based around old tracker software, .mods, Amigas, etc. and they produce some amazing stuff. Props to @mvuent for his production efforts, we both ought to debut on the scene someday

dilbert1

Solid advice. Its so gratifying deejaying for yourself. All the best bits you come up with would clear any dancefloor today anyways. Except at like Distant Planet or some Future Retro night maybe

0bleak

i think vdj also has has automix options IIRC

Alternately, do almost constant double drops like i do (no matter the style(s)) - someone described it as "relentless" 😆
but hey, i've got broken beat fiends into techno that way...

version

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to get a DAW for my laptop (PC, Windows 11, got admin rights) which could do what you've said, what is the simplest easiest one to get, for free?

FL Studio, if you get a cracked copy. It's much easier to use than Reaper.

catalog

Well I’m not alone in that American millennials and zoomers have been ‘rediscovering’ jungle since around the Trump election. I came to it out of an appreciation of post-punk and an exhaustion with pop music, realizing at some point in the 80s dance music was what was vital, signaled by the FOMO mediocrity of “Blue Monday” for instance. So I checked out 28 Gun Bad Boy around 2013 but it took a couple years for things to register, then I stumbled onto ’96 dnb thru the lens I described yesterday in the Mo Wax thread. But difference between me and my generational cohort being, they’re mostly all posers who associate jungle with anime, video games and commercial IP, bastardized 90s nostalgia and what not. I’m on the other hand a wicked authentic autodidact badman!!! Lol except theres actually plenty of people my age who are properly into jungle and hang out in online communities based around old tracker software, .mods, Amigas, etc. and they produce some amazing stuff. Props to @mvuent for his production efforts, we both ought to debut on the scene someday
Post-punk is a good way of thinking about what I consider golden era jungle, only thought of it now cos of what you said.

I also love post-punk. I love dome, pil and the creatures more than I'll ever love wire, sex pistols and siouxie and Banshees.

I mean some people will talk about 94 or pre-94 a lot, hardcore. That it was the best music etc. I won't argue with that sentiment.

I accept that a certain music was better.

But that better music won't touch me in a way that fabio talking about his yearning to go to crufts touched me two til four am sleeping on a sofa after scabbing bits of tabs off the floor to build a spliff.

Pissing in the sink cos toilet too far.

Etched into my soul.

catalog

I'm not saying jungle is indebted to post punk musically in any way.

More like a similar process.

I'm saying that the way post punk evolved out of punk is comparable to the way the jungle I like most (dillinja, renegade terrorist , zinc and ganja kru, fabio and grooveriders show on radio 1 from 99) evolved out of first wave of jungle.

I seem to like the second order of things, if you get me.