MoodyMann - an appreciation

shaolinsoul

It's all about i can't kick this feeling when it hits

Possibly the best house track ever made.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dont forget Sunshine too.

Those two tracks in particular uses the live "eq-uing" effect to such sonic perfection its scary, Theo was talking in his RBMA video how eq can really bring tracks alive.

childrentalking

Anyone get their hands on a copy of this recently? Simple but effective KDJ edits of Fly Lo, Q-Tip and Dwele.

http://www.discogs.com/Kenny-Dixon-Jr-Private-Collection-2/release/1750619

I picked up two, only to find out that one of them is warped. Need to get that under some glass in the summer and get it on eBay/Discogs.

when i listened to this in vinyl junkies i couldn't tell that he'd done anything to most of the tracks... particularly the Fly Lo, which sounded identical to the original to me.

wise

bare BARE BONES
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hmmm.......

padro1982

Just Anotha Nigga is my favourite Moodymann:

Electrifying Mojo interviewing Prince without the Prince responses, so it sounds like he's talking about/to Kenny instead.

Love the big ominous Hitchcock-esque strings as well.

four_five_one

Infinition
I like how he's come with his entourage to show who he rolls with. Is he doing that to show how chill his invented persona is or is that _really_ him?

nochexxx

harco pronting
I like how he's come with his entourage to show who he rolls with. Is he doing that to show how chill his invented persona is or is that _really_ him?

i think it's a well worked out performance, he was exactly the same when i saw him at the jazz cafe all those years ago. bringing his house to yours.