Mercury Poisoning

mms

sometimes
mpc said:
Hard-Fi - Stars of CCTV

not only an awful name for a band, but possibly the worst album title i have ever seen. look out for them.

are they like the ordinary boys ?- they were hilarious in their faux skin clothes and 'bovver' posturing .

S

simon silverdollar

mms said:
are they like the ordinary boys ?- they were hilarious in their faux skin clothes and 'bovver' posturing .

yeah they are. but they look a little more 'toni and guy'-ish. many of those NME bands are so bad at the moment that it's very funny. a golden age of wilful stupidity and bad taste, like when people thought that Yes might be the future...

Woebot

3underscore said:
well, it's going to be won by MIA, isn't it?!

I will pick up the bookies odds for this thread now...

yeah theres no question it will be MIA, which'll be quite jolly as it'll kill her career stone dead.

owen

simon silverdollar said:
many of those NME bands are so bad at the moment that it's very funny. a golden age of wilful stupidity and bad taste, like when people thought that Yes might be the future...

(applauds)

but that aside- i'm not sure what's the more boring, the mercury or moaning about the mercury...even the nme does that (or it did when i last read it 3 years ago....it was so heartwrenching giving up buying that rag, i'd been buying it since i was 13.....i digress) and y'know, they did give dizzee a prize, and erm simon frith's written a couple of good books....oh bollocks even i can't be bothered to defend it

anyway a friend of mine goes out with one of the go team, so i hope they get it as she might get some cash out of it and buy me a drink

Last edited:

labrat

hot on the heels of love
so the smart moneys on MIA eh?
wonder if the folks out there have any opinions on her work?*

*JOKE