Sizzla

ripley

confucius said:
I've been able to get all of them except 1 or 2 and Pharo which apparently is only available in Germany (already put my friends in Berlin on the hunt) :)

it is probably easier to find in Germany, but I know peeps who saw it at Amoeba records in San Francisco last week. Keep digging!

zhao

there are no accidents
Tim F said:
I think the Sizzla tune you're talking about is "Only Takes Love". It <i>is</i> on Red Alert, they just switched up the instrumentation a bit for his voicing - added some Flamenco guitars and some handclaps if I recall (haven't listened to the tune in a while).

you are right! I just had a chance to locate the Red Alert album in my stacks and stacks and that track IS on there! there I was, all hot and bothered for that track and it was right there sitting in my studio! what a space case I am sometimes... :)

viktorvaughn

Just bumping to say -Rise to the occasion is flippin great!

His voice is so amazing and textured and expressive, everything from barking growls to that weird falsetto. I dunno how this fits into his whole body of world and the whole culture/slackness balancing act thing but for a Sizzla amateur like me I can't get enough of it at the minute, prefer it to Black woman and child which has some sick tracks on it of course but also a couple of Kenny g style sax bits which are a bit off putting (is this dancehall blasphemy?!)

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
praise ye jah for me everytime.
til shloh over anything siz has done though, thats a magical record.

Last edited:
D

droid

Praise ye Jah, Black Woman and child and Goodways are an amazing trio of LPs. I remember meeting up with Reggae/R+B Dj Keith Lawrence in London (who used to DJ on the same Dublin pirate as myself) in his record shop in London in '99 or so and he told me 'Sizzlas' gone slack'...

I thought he was joking! :D

STN

sou'wester
I really love Kalonji and Royal Son of Ethiopa as LPs go...

The Story Unfolds is a pretty good best of...

Second droid's trio of LPs.

zhao

there are no accidents
black woman and child... oh man...

has anyone heard a single half convincing sizzla dubstep "remix"???

D

droid

I really love Kalonji and Royal Son of Ethiopa as LPs go...

The Story Unfolds is a pretty good best of...

Second droid's trio of LPs.

Yes - Kalonji is solid. RSOE is probably the last consistently good thing he's done IMO.

wise

bare BARE BONES
Kalonji's my favourite but I also love the Reggae max compilation which I know isn't a proper album but it's the first sizzla cd I bought and pretty much every track's a cracker.

Can anyone id this sizzla tune for me? An ex girlfriend put it on a compilation she made for me but she couldn't remember the title. I love it but i've never been able to track it down......

Any help would be much appreciated

http://files.filefront.com/sizzlamp3/;12923275;/fileinfo.html

zhao

there are no accidents