Spanish Reggae Rant.

gabriel

The Heatwave
gumdrops said:
cheers. thats what i was looking for, basically influences/links where i can see what grime has 'borrowed' or 'internalised'/hybridised from dancehall. any other recomendations would be fantastic.

there was a thread on this board a month or two ago about grime slang with lots of stuff about the danchelal influence in grime...

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Diggedy Derek said:
Ha, no. The offer is valid at every record store. The problem is finding me afterwards. Be sure to get the Blood And Fire reissue though, you need the remastered one for the full immersive psychedelic effect.
If you don't like Heart of the Congos, you need to check your pulse. Seriously.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
2stepfan said:
If you don't like Heart of the Congos, you need to check your pulse. Seriously.

yeah, but you don't rate yabby u, so your opinion doesn't count ;)

there are plenty of excellent reggae tunes about, just as there always have been- off the top of my head fantah mojah's 'hungry' plus other versions were sounding ace at carnival (rhythm's a studio one re-rub, though)

shudder

Diggedy Derek said:
Buy Heart Of The Congos, and if you don't love love love it, I will give you your money back.

by the way, I bought this, am listening to it now, and I love love love it indeed. it's sooo beautiful! the sound is just what I kinda always hoped to hear in reggae!