tripwire- the new scene is finally here

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Juno.co.uk had some in their clearance sale but I think Woebot snapped it all up.

I love the way all those tripwire 12s have that heavy militant "PROPERTY OF UKRAINE" stamp on them. As if some bunch of Baltic heavies could come an repossess it any time.

DigitalDjigit

Honky Tonk Woman
Diggedy Derek said:
I love the way all those tripwire 12s have that heavy militant "PROPERTY OF UKRAINE" stamp on them. As if some bunch of Baltic heavies could come an repossess it any time.

You mean Balkan, right? Ukrain has or is very near the Balkans. You reckon the militancy of the music has anything to do with the situation there? I think the stamp is a reaction to the recent political crisis, like this is the sound of real (the western part) Ukraine.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
You mean Balkan, right? Ukrain has or is very near the Balkans.

Ah sorry, Balkan/Baltic, my mistake. Thing is, there's so much transience around the tripwire scene, so much influx into cities and between cities, that it's hard to think of it having a geographical centre.

Actually there's bound to be some tripwire heads coming to London soon, given the current influx of people from eastern europe. tripwire / grime showdown!

h-crimm

attack on tripwire at wikipedia

Hey,

coincidentally there's some attempts to delete references to DJ Cuntfinger and tripwire from wikipedia possibly motivated by the current fuss in the state media

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/DJ_cuntfinger

would be helpful if people could edit the entry and back it up on the discussion page i think. it would be a really sad if music from scenes like this can't get out to people in the west because its simply edited out by people who've decided it doesnt represent what they want to project about the Ukraine .
Needs some more information about his music clearly, and feel free to clear up any inaccuracies that are up there...

tryptych

waiting for a time
simon silverdollar said:
amyl nitrate suppositories. an experience not easily forgotten...

hang on.. amyl suppositories? how does that work? anyone here tried it? and these guys are doing ephedrine too.. that sounds weird, when i thought eastern europe was flooded with cheap high quality amphetamines..

simon, could you repost that track on yousendit? i never downloaded it..

martin

----
Diggedy Derek said:

Apparently Psycho Pig UXB actually abducted two schoolgirls and sold them on to sex traders to finance his first 12". I did try and ask about this but was later persuaded to concentrate purely on the music. There's some sort of interview in a Ukrainian version of 'Terrorizer', I'm trying to get someone to translate it, but Cuntfinger's in it, apparently calling No Lay a spoilt bitch and asking details about Logan Sama's address - he's para that a promo he sent to Rinse has been passed on to Jammer to plagiarise, and he wants it back, pronto