Later With Jools Holland - your favourite memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ness Rowlah

Norwegian Wood
funnily enough I have a half-written piece called "BBC Television is letting modern British rock music down" - idea came after watching the excellent "Sound of the Seventies" and thinking where would the future "Sound of the Noughties" come from in BBC's archives?
The "Sound of the Seventies" had priceless early footage of Kraftwerk (1975), Joy Division and the Pistols. I've got a satellite dish and back home in Norway there's a weekly show called "Lydverket" (Noise Factory) which is often excellent (ie half an hour with space rockers WE touring India) - the BBC has nothing similar on offer. Which they should.

Jools is just too bloody jovial and trivial. What the Beeb need is a proper show which takes "rock music" or youth music seriously (in the widest possible sense - from dance/grime to folk to heavy metal). Jools/Glasto/TOTP etc are NOT good enough and there is almost no "just below the surface underground" music. Jools does what he does and sometimes it's OK.

I did like The Smashing Pumpkins when they were on and KT Tunstall was magic with her loops (shame she cannot repeat it on album).

---

- Jools: "And what sort of music did you listen to when you grew up?"
- Nessie: "Ehh you know Jools - there was alway music in the house; country like Johnny Cash and Charlie Pride, Swedish dance orchestras, Charlie Rich and Lee Hazelwood, a Hawaii-guitar collection from Readers Digest's and so on. Then later ... ahh bollox!"

Woebot

mpc said:
i saw At The Drive-in on one of the shows. highlight of my life. obviously not, but it seemed ok.

since when has k punk started talking so much sense? are u taking your medication again?

although you're mad if you think Lil' Flip isn't better than The Cure.

you need to reign yourself in mpc. i'm banning you for a fortnight. cool off.

Status
Not open for further replies.