Reynolds on Analord.

Rambler

Awanturnik
I'm listening to the mixes at the moment - I've not heard any of the Analord project before now, but I'm liking these. Yeah, they're maybe not as rich as some other Aphex stuff, but I still think his imprints are on a lot of the sounds. I also think they've got enough depth on them to make them worth listening to a few more times as well. Good work from the chap who put these together!

D

droid

dHarry said:
And Droid - that you on Irish TV, advertising something or other? I just caught a flash of that green non-smiley next to a DJ and thought it must be you...

:eek: Just heard about this myself. It was some footage from a gig in meeting house square at last years D.E.A.F. on a promo piece from this years DEAF on TV3 news... I dont know who decided on the photogenic qualities of that image though!

BTW - Is everybody in this place Irish??

michael

Bring out the vacuum
mms said:
that compilation is him again i reckon - didn't really like that -
Yeah, I'm on "mother", a mailing list dedicated to the guy, and there's been a bit of that. "Philip Sherburne should've known better", etc. But the true school are all googling away, pulling up links, and there's a lot of evidence that either Uwe's gone hard out on creating histories for these acts .. or .. well, they exist.

I haven't heard it, but a bit like others have said about Aphex, am just fucking sick of him, so don't know if I'll bother.

What he says in interviews is that he develops personae as a focus for his musical interests, i.e. make up a character and try and get into their voice. That's cool with me, sounds like a pretty interesting approach, but why that necessarily means jokey madness all over the show is beyond me!?

I really like his Schnittstelle and BDP (that's Bundes Deutsches Programmierer, not Boogie Down or Black Dog) albums, which are part of the persona game, but aren't silly.