GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Bless
I hope this is real and I'm not getting giddy and then have to wait for weeks... :mad:
That really gets me downdowndown

S

simon silverdollar

shudder said:
*clueless&cheap north american question*:

do I buy the now ancient aim high v.2 mixtape+dvd or the new shiny 6CD +DVD rinse sessions? my interest in grime is starting to pick up again (after really a year of not really paying attention), and I wanted to see what this dvd bizness is all about...

definitely aim high i think. rinse sessions isn't too different from normal rinse fm radio sets, which you should be able to download pretty easily from places like dj lioness' blog and rwdmag forum.

but aim high is something special and unique.

rinse sessions is still good though.

petergunn

plywood violin
shudder said:
*clueless&cheap north american question*:

do I buy the now ancient aim high v.2 mixtape+dvd or the new shiny 6CD +DVD rinse sessions? my interest in grime is starting to pick up again (after really a year of not really paying attention), and I wanted to see what this dvd bizness is all about...

the question is, can you watch the DVD? wrong region, no?

tate

Brown Sugar
petergunn said:

i have Aim High v.2 and a handful of others (LOTD 2, LOTM 1, Risky Roadz, Practice Hours) - all play fine on a computer, but none on a DVD player.

mikeray

out of touch
atomly said:
My anthem set:

atomly - grime @ lava (mp3)

Tracklisting:
Roll Deep - When I'm 'Ere
Lethal B - Pow!
Wiley - Eskimo
Skepta - DTI
Kano - Boys Luv Girls
Dizzee Rascal - Stand Up Tall
Musical Mob - Pulse-X
Pay As U Go - Know We
Wiley - Wot Do U Call It?
Kano - Ps & Qs
Medasyn - The Battle
Terror Danjah - Cock Back
Dizzee Rascal - I Luv U
More Fire - Oi!
Wiley - Pies
Vex'd - Thunder

YES. I was there for a little bit. dubstep sounds soo heavy when it is played really loud. i was really feeling this music, but my friends made me leave. thanks for letting me in even though i only had a speeding ticket as an ID.

shudder

petergunn said:

very good question! hadn't thought of it! but I have software that do some monkey business with regions, etc...

atomly

atomiq one
mikeray said:
YES. I was there for a little bit. dubstep sounds soo heavy when it is played really loud. i was really feeling this music, but my friends made me leave. thanks for letting me in even though i only had a speeding ticket as an ID.

Awesome, thanks for coming through!

mikeray

out of touch
atomly said:
Awesome, thanks for coming through!

Hey do you have a recording of the november grime @ lava set somewhere online? that is the one that i went to. i missed the first one.

atomly

atomiq one
mikeray said:
Hey do you have a recording of the november grime @ lava set somewhere online? that is the one that i went to. i missed the first one.

I recorded it, but I lent the MP3 player to a friend so he could record a techno set he was playing this weekend. I'll check it out when I get it back from him and if the recording's any good, I'll post it up.

Fiddy

Bruzas mixtape will be out December as will Aim High 3, Practice Hours 2, Risky Roadz 2 and Guns & Roses 2...

DonRuba

Stocktown man
simon silverdollar said:
anyone heard Mondie- 'full house'? you can hear a clip on uptownrecords.com

it's totally bonkers- cut up classical samples that sound weirdly happy hardcore/ravey/carousel-y.

it's not actually that good, it's just crazy. but sometimes that's more than enough.

I think the "thing" with this tune is that it's a cut up version of, not just any piece of classical music, but actually "God Save The Queen".

You can hear this better if you listen to the clip on
http://www.independance-records.co.uk/ug.htm
because here you get the intro of the tune, which you don't get on uptownrecords.
The other tunes on the EP are in the same clip, so you'll have to listen to the end to here the tune you're talking about.

boomnoise

♫
saw him do this at fabric. thought it was waste. having semtex barking all over it didn't really do any favours. appreciate the chance to listen back.

gumdrops

does anyone know why him and semtex are such bosom buddies? i dont think dizzee has ever been on any of 1xtra's garage shows since he first arrived. he seems to only side with hip-hop DJs, and it's semtex at that - i thought he would have gone with westwood at least if youre gonna pick a 'big' name. maybe they just have a good relationship but i find it odd that all his coverage on 1xtra is from the hip hop side, hardly ever from the UKG djs on the station.