GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

benjybars

village elder.
is this the set everyone's on about?

and will it make me want to buy an official Boy Better Know ironing board cover?

nah that's logan's mix cd, which is also definitely worth grabbing..

the BBK set is on hyperfrank's blog.

download it. now.

viktorvaughn

i dunno, if you get pleasure out of listening to him then i'm pleased for you. to me personally ghettos first verse on fuck radio 5 is worth more than jmes whole career x 2. but i don't really care though, i know most of you love grime and i love it too so you like your mcs and i'll lie my mcs and leave it at that. im not prejudiced against him cos hes from north though. i like umm, i can't remember his name but he's got a big nose.... really long.

I sometimes think Ghetto's dub for Wiley that starts 'Richard, I've got the troops like Bishop' or whatever it is, is the most intense bit of Grime ever...

JME definately grates over a full CD

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This set is good, energy levels high

JME grates for me nowadays but he's alright for 16 or whatever... Frisco is sick. Jammer is good until I can't understand what he's saying, at which point he's better. Skepta I don't even notice anymore.

The beats are mostly big too.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think he's good don't get me wrong. I still cain that Logan set with him, riko, jammer and ears (though Riko takes the prize on that one with the What RMX ''IT'S THE RIKO THE DAN!'' that makes me want to hack up limbs with a machete or something and I'm a complete pussyhole so it would have to be the limbs of a dead baby that deserved it or something)... the Flirta D wears leggings leggings bit is classic- ''Skepta don't come insiiiide meee so I bust on the mattress!''

Seems like the same flow everytime though, no matter how good it is. I occasionally drift in to hear him saying something about Boy Better Know t-shirts and ''you dun know the myspace''...

viktorvaughn

i'm sorry to go on about it but the beat @ 33mins is so BEZERK!

some of the best 2 minutes in grime. tru stories.

also.... ALSO.. the beat @ 46 mins!!!! another bonkers little riddim!

The one at 53 is great too.

Nice to listen to over the afternoon but nowhere near F Radio 5.

tom pr

I think he's good don't get me wrong. I still cain that Logan set with him, riko, jammer and ears (though Riko takes the prize on that one with the What RMX ''IT'S THE RIKO THE DAN!'' that makes me want to hack up limbs with a machete or something and I'm a complete pussyhole so it would have to be the limbs of a dead baby that deserved it or something)
I have that set on a cd-r and it hasn't left my car for about two years. it's absolutely amazing.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Just so I'm clear...

The new big Grime releases coming up are:

Wiley-Grime Wave
Skepta-Microphone Champion

I know at least three more LP's (I already know about the mixtapes and sets) are dropping that people in the scene are anticipating...is Durty Goodz ever coming out? Where the fuck are the Newham Generals? Ruff Sqwad? Help me out.

One.

viktorvaughn

Wiley-Grime Wave

I know at least three more LP's (I already know about the mixtapes and sets) are dropping that people in the scene are anticipating...is Durty Goodz ever coming out? Where the fuck are the Newham Generals? Ruff Sqwad? Help me out.

One.

Newham Gens - supposed to be September. However is already about 2 or 3 years late, so who knows!

Ruff Sqwad - Seem to dropped of the radar a bit. Fuda Guy has a project called Head Gone which is supposed to be out soon. Slix is supposed to have completed Down II but it hasn't come out for some reason. Haven't heard of any new group project. Logan Sama at one point said he was compiling an instrumentals CD but that was a while ago.

JME - Famous is his album coming out soon. And the BBK album is also coming out.

Microphone Champion is a BBK studio set rather than a mixtape from Skepta.

Trim had volumes 4-6 of Soul Food planned, not sure when they are due out.

Wiley-Grime Wave

One.

Wiley- Race Against Time after that.
Boy Better Know- VIP (July I think)

There is a Ruff Sqwad album dropping this year according to AIG on grimeforum.

New Roll Deep this year (J2K, fuckery)

Griminal's Hungry Season

that Tempa T CD (well, I'm excited).

There's shitloads due out actually, don't know about "big" releases coming out.

gumdrops

defeintely, sometimes on sets he has a hype verse or two and you think to yourself, you know wht jme is actually quite good, but anytime he goes in the studio the results are painful. so so embaressing.

id agree with that. although i do still like his 'food' song. everything else though, i dont give a shit about. the whole 'conscious grime' thing really served him well though. got him started to where he is today. the mix cds arent even meant to be up to much anyway i dont think - theyre just like promotional tools for the t shirts and god knows what else. just furthering the brand etc.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Just heard Wiley's Grime Wave....

It's okay, nothing groundbreaking. Bless Beats of course did his thing but I think I liked Umbrella Vol. 1 better. My favorite track on it is "Sky Is Falling" cuz it reminds of the old pirate radio songs/sets I used to download from Limewire between 2002-2004.

Anyone else wanna weigh in on it cuz "Wearing My Rolex" is nowhere to be found on it. Why is that?

One.

that Tempa T CD (well, I'm excited).

i am aswell

i want to hear 50 minutes or so of Tempa T slewing wastemen and shouting his head off over sick beats - i really hope this one doesnt get diluted into the whole album thing like everybody else - just keep it raw temps