GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

S

simon silverdollar

ah, just seen that blackdown's beat me to that reference on his blog...

mos dan

fact music
I'm 20 and only buy the guardian on a monday. I have a GSOH and like grime & dubstep. I enjoy long walks in the park and eating Mr Freeze's in the rain. I look like Scratchy's twin sister.

I only buy the guardian on a monday too. Though I'll make an exception today for Stelfox (brap!).

lol at all the inverse ageism. oap gang, bang your zimmers, zoop zoop!

I totally flopped the vip2 thing, sad to say. The mate I was going to go with bailed, then I fell asleep by accident, possibly listening to radio four. Fuck.

Still though, FWD tonight anyone?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
thanks dudes. i'll throw the director's cut up on my samples blog at some point because it's slightly different, but i'm very glad this went in. both trim and riko are seriously good dudes and deserve the coverage. i can't even buy the paper because i'm in new york at the moment, so if anyone could either get me a copy or even scan it in, i'd be super grateful.

Benny Bunter

Couple of mixtapes I've been thinking of buying, namely the OG Season one and Jammer's Are You Dumb vol 3. Can anyone here recommend either of em?

Interested in the OGs one just cause of Young Dot/Dot Rotten really. That 'Grime n bass freestyle' tune on his myspace is great and I quite enjoyed his This is the beggining mixtape too.

continuum

smugpolice
Wiley Skepta Chipmunk & Kano Live at 1 Big Weekend Pt 1
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

john eden

male pale and stale
Couple of mixtapes I've been thinking of buying, namely the OG Season one and Jammer's Are You Dumb vol 3. Can anyone here recommend either of em?

Interested in the OGs one just cause of Young Dot/Dot Rotten really. That 'Grime n bass freestyle' tune on his myspace is great and I quite enjoyed his This is the beggining mixtape too.

Got signed editions of both of them from Uptown, weirdly enough.

I like the Jammer, but then I like Jammer. It's grown on me. Quite a lot of good guests and some catchy numbers.

OGs is solid but I haven't really given it enough ear-time to make a recommendation either way.

AYD3 is good, mostly for 'track and field' though. The Dizzee feature is a radio rip as an intro, pointless tbh.

Buy the O.Gs tape, it's fucked.

gumdrops

anyone going to dirty canvas tonight? ill be the asian guy in the grey trench coat if anyone wants to say hello. in a middle aged guardian reader sort of way of course. lol.

mos dan

fact music
jme and maxi were at fwd last night! that was a nice surprise. maxi dropping pulse x and go and various other classic, spyro's rebound x remix got a great response too.

blackdown and ramadanman smacked it as well, both very deep in their own ways.

bring on dirty canvas :)

its funny how grime events come in co-ordinated bursts

i swear half the time im moaning that theres never any on, and now theres more grime nights than i have money or time for, its great!

have the met given up on their pointless crusade, grime artists got more hungry, promoters got more interesting or what?

*i dont read the guardian, only metro/londonlite/londonpaper innit, and even then only on the bus

mos dan

fact music
lol at wiley. if you're going out he's going out too, but remember that in the event he does actually go out too he'll probably only do five tunes, pull each of them up half-way through for no reason, and then leave after fifteen minutes. he didn't tell you that bit in the lyrics.

dirty canvas was live anyway, but all thanks to tomb crew (so good) and mj cole.