GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
My heart jumped a little when I thought I'd got one from Wiley. Bastards.

Wooo riddim is great, it's linking 'Hideaway' era garage and road rap, what a combination! How could you not like it? It's almost perfect conceptually.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Woo Riddim is sick. It sounds a bit like a dirty south beat but I don't really see the problem with that. That one Mike Jones instrumental was huge years ago.

On the subject though this MC from Toronto, Tre Mission, has done a version that is getting quite a bit of legitimate attention from grimeforum and JME. Big look for our little scene!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

While you're at it, check this too:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4linehaiku

Repetitive
84466208.jpg

'Expect the Jammer cover to look a little bit like this...' @jammermurkleman

outraygeous

woo riddem just has no 'ommph' for the dance

grime music is for the dance for me. every tune is about impact, every tune should have the potential for a wheel. Thats because i think in DJing terms.

I wont like, if it was a stage show and Dee and everyone else had a chance to spit a 16 on it. it would be good but it just dont bang.

Theres alot of these grime tunes now that are just for listening to with an MC.

The track has NO weight as an instro

gosh, sounds like i really dont like it. Im just trying to say that the effect of a beat on human bodies in a venue is more important to me

unclerico

are you saying that cos you've heard woo riddim on a big system cos that surprises me - as it seems to have a big subby 808 kick drum that drops in periodically

i would have though would sound pretty heavy..?

benjybars

village elder.
so 2 people got shot at that grimedaily secret warehouse rave. there was actually no grime thereat all, it was all funky. but still, headlines will mention grime for sure.

but the grimeforum night at egg, which did have loads of grime, went off with no problems.

did anyone reach?

slackk?

Webstarr

so 2 people got shot at that grimedaily secret warehouse rave. there was actually no grime thereat all, it was all funky. but still, headlines will mention grime for sure.

but the grimeforum night at egg, which did have loads of grime, went off with no problems.

did anyone reach?

slackk?

The guy was Wolf from (or maybe formerly of) hoodstars

i went to the grime forum event, 20+ mc's, loads of grime dj's, hyped crowd, no problems - was a great night, i was tempted to go to the grimedaily thing but i thought the whole secret venue thing was long

DannyL

Wild Horses
A friend mentioned on another forum that he quite likes Tempa T's "Next Hype" and would like some pointers on similar mixtapes - with a chaotic style. I've already recommended Jammer - what else might I say? What's hot at the minute?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i went to the grime forum event, 20+ mc's, loads of grime dj's, hyped crowd, no problems - was a great night, i was tempted to go to the grimedaily thing but i thought the whole secret venue thing was long

and, according to that thread, it was in Colindale. I have only ever in my life been to Colindale for two things. Chockablock sounded great though - didn't even see it advertised tho, so must look more regularly at listings....

Blackdown

nexKeysound
grime music is for the dance for me. every tune is about impact, every tune should have the potential for a wheel. Thats because i think in DJing terms.

perhaps they should be, but given there's next to no raves (they get 696'd) and radio has very little sub, in the mixtape era mixCDs are where the money's at for MCs, so club bangers aren't always a priority.

they are about, but it's not the defining characteristic like it might have been during the Forward Riddim/vinyl era.

outraygeous

Can someone please let me know where in Colindale this event was as I lived there for 28 years of my life and NO ONE from colindale that I still know has mentioned this to me

Plus Colindale is like Detroit, only good for Cars

outraygeous

perhaps they should be, but given there's next to no raves (they get 696'd) and radio has very little sub, in the mixtape era mixCDs are where the money's at for MCs, so club bangers aren't always a priority.

they are about, but it's not the defining characteristic like it might have been during the Forward Riddim/vinyl era.

so beat makers are making beats to be vocaled and not cause impact?

if thats so thats a shame

the mcs are secondary to me in grime

outraygeous

are you saying that cos you've heard woo riddim on a big system cos that surprises me - as it seems to have a big subby 808 kick drum that drops in periodically

i would have though would sound pretty heavy..?

i heard it at the old blue last with tempa t and jme going over it.

it dont do anything for me even with the 808

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
A friend mentioned on another forum that he quite likes Tempa T's "Next Hype" and would like some pointers on similar mixtapes - with a chaotic style. I've already recommended Jammer - what else might I say? What's hot at the minute?

The No Hats No Hoods mixtape by DJ Magic. Not the freshest but still good