GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
that beat is by krissy kriss...

it was vocaled by Fumin 2-3 years ago as "war"...

i put it on a mix about 2 years ago...

http://axischemicals.com/freenycmix.mp3

Deep Under- Elemental
Swordstyle- DJ Garna feat. Jammer
War- Fumin feat. Tazz and Fader
What's Happ'nin- DJ Mentat feat. Durrty Goodz
Run 4 Cover- Rossi B and Luca feat N.A.S.T.Y.
Hype Hype (DJ Wonder Refix)- SLK feat. Lethal B
Thunder- Vex'd Oh- Ciaria feat. Ludacris
I Luv U- Dizzee Rascal
Brooklyn Anthem- Team Shadek feat. 77 Klash and Jah Dan
Candyfloss(Loefah remix)- Search and Destroy
Revolution- Lix Corruptions
war zone- terminal outkasts
Brood- Boxcutter
Gangsters- Wiley
Dead-Skepta

hahaha
I never ever would've guessed that.
Fumin and Krissy Kriss is the last place I'd look for something I thought sounded good so it makes sense I guess. Everyone has gotta get it right sometimes.

... except Sniper E, of course.

Cheers mate much appreciated!

PS: Nice to hear that Wonder remix of Hype Hype again. That's gotta be one of my alltime favourites. You rarely hear grime that sounds that fucked up.

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
here is that ruff sqwad bootleg with all their old school tunes on it

http://www.mediafire.com/?f1uymfy1weq

thank you, this ruled my mp3 player all weekend... i gotta play Raw 2 the Core out next time i spin...

ok i will say this for the millionith time, the death of vinyl in grime has me really sad... i guess i have to buy serato like everyone else... i was trying to make a mix for someone tonight and got flummoxed when i realized i have like no new tunes... sad state of affairs... looked on all the websites and Tinchy's Mainstream Money/Sorry You are is the last thing in on all of 'em...

Thank you so much for this. Some of these I've been looking for literally for years

;) no worries, it kind of reminds me of a post mos-dan did on his blog where he said he went to fuda guy's house and on his pc there were just about 500 ruff sqwad tunes that he'd never even heard of, now if that was available....sigh

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
ok i will say this for the millionith time, the death of vinyl in grime has me really sad... i guess i have to buy serato like everyone else... i was trying to make a mix for someone tonight and got flummoxed when i realized i have like no new tunes... sad state of affairs... looked on all the websites and Tinchy's Mainstream Money/Sorry You are is the last thing in on all of 'em...

In the summer, I went into Uptown Records and asked if there was any new grime in and the guy just laughed.

In the summer, I went into Uptown Records and asked if there was any new grime in and the guy just laughed.

Jenai from Uptown has signed up on grimeforum.com and is seriously bemoaning the current state of affairs. It's depressing as fuck to read, actually.

blubeat

blubeat
I'm just a punter ok? Not a promoter, an artist or even, in the context of Grime, a DJ. I'm a record buyer, a show listener and a clubgoer. Last nights Logan Sama show had me jumping around the bedroom (admittedly not a good look) from the off! Beg track id for Tiger productions(?) dancehall style first track! Huge! Grime is sounding to me much more danceable (prepares to slated for this comment) and Cotti dropping his Badman Thing at Herbal last week blew up the dancefloor as a case in point.

Is it the lack of vinyl that is stopping more of this stuff getting played at, for example, Dubstep nights? I'm not interested in PA's and overamped hypes and mics but I want to hear these tunes out!

I don't have a lot of the history or the inside knowledge of some but the Grime currently getting played on Logan's and Westwood's show is getting way more listening at our house than anything else at the moment. It just seems to me that this resurgence is limited to radio/internet and a few more mixtapes.

And, yes, I would be committing a lot more cash if I could a) buy direct or any form of non-DRM electronic download. I still don't have Peng Food cos UKRS can be so long (and it requires effort and I have to wait...)

Oh, and thanks for all the links - I have had a complete Grime day!

benjybars

village elder.
P Money's mix tape - Coins To Notes got upped to Logan's file server earlier.

P Money - Coins To Notes

safe for that.

this mixtape is BIG!

pretty much all grime tracks and his flow is heavy.

P money
Brutal
Double S
Griminal
Chipmunk
Lil Nasty

^^^
all these guys are on fire at the moment. seriously, the quality of the youngers is more than alot.

Logan, beg u do another show with all the younger MCs. the last one is my most listened to mp3 on itunes....

gumdrops

that ruff sqwad folder is ridiculously good. thanks so much for that - a lot of those i dont have in good quality so nice to hear properly at last... they were so good werent they? i know im using past tense, but thats just cos they havent put out much lately.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Grime is sounding to me much more danceable
I agree. Ignore the haters. Grime is fantastic at the moment.

Is it the lack of vinyl that is stopping more of this stuff getting played at, for example, Dubstep nights? I want to hear these tunes out!
It is hard to buy grime vinyl. Little is released. IMO the grime record shops tend to have rubbish online stores other than UK Record Shop. I really wish boomkat would stock more. But the good stuff seems to go very rapidly and there is still a lot of rubbish about. (And I have very narrow grime tastes anyway, I like it halfsteppy or breaky or dancehally, but not the turgid hiphop ones.)

I don't have a lot of the history or the inside knowledge of some but the Grime currently getting played on Logan's and Westwood's show is getting way more listening at our house than anything else at the moment. It just seems to me that this resurgence is limited to radio/internet and a few more mixtapes.
The people love grime but they can't go to shows (see the next Woofah for why), records don't get released, and the kids can't afford the vinyl and download everything.

I still think the future is for grime to re-infect dubstep but I suspect the hordes of funkless d&b refugees diluting the dubstep audience will prevent that (and will kill dubstep in the process). I tried to kick start this with Sufferah 3 to no visible effect. It's still the most inspiring sound around... though I think 2006 was possibly a bit better than 2007.

Must say, Maximum B2B Spyro last night was too sick. Maximum on 3 deck mixing, all that. Gutted I only caught the last hour, but the podcast is updating quick these days so should be up soon.