GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

viktorvaughn

Er, Slix and co vocalling an Aphex Twin (I think, can't remember name) on Down Vol 2?!?!

Track 18.

"Whoever made this one [beat] must have been on every type of drug possible, all at once. Plus black magic."

bun-u

Trumpet Police
message is love (promo vid)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bobcrunkhouse

The Spyro set was ill. As was Skream & Benga with flowdan. PAYG were a flop for me, no wiley show either.

Next Square Roots in LDN with

- SKEPTA (Boy Better Know) - Live
- Plastician (Terrorhythm) - DJ
- Blaise Belleville (Joyride) - DJ
- Reecha (Dirty Canvas) - DJ
- Eric Multiplex (Square Roots) - DJ
- My Panda Shall Fly DJs - DJ

@ Amersham Arms, New Cross, LDN - Friday October 3rd.

Tickets:

http://www.gigantic.com/gigantic/event_gc02_7440.html

Facebook Event:

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.ph...id=22514513345

Blackdown

nexKeysound
The Message is Love video is hillarious. Why would any sane man give Jammer a megaphone and let him loose in public.

Fave moment is @ wack westcoast MC...

"Yeah? Well this is how we do it in London: SHATAPSHATAPSHATAPSHATAPSHATAPSHATAPSHATAPSHATAPSHATAPSHATAPSHATAP...."

viktorvaughn

^Definitely illustrates how comedic delivery can be much more important than lyrical skillz! I love the fact he then runs straight off down the street. Seems like such an irrepressible character, Grime is so much richer for having Jammer in it.

mos dan

fact music
Ghetts was a bit poor tho imo, not really a rave MC...

yeah, if i want to hear someone screaming incoherently into a mic i'll go check blood brothers or similar.

skepta's persistent references to ed hardy were pretty pathetic, i assume he's getting a bunch of free gear in exchange for the promo.

still i was pleased he showed up, though actually i thought spy and mak10's mixing weren't as great as usual. also skepta wasn't riding the beats that well, properly off-beat at times.

paug were fun but it was a bit sad how few people were throwing hands compared to the set before. i guess maybe the hype would've been there if wiley had shown.

(NO WHINGEO)

Elijah

Butterz
u know why it was good on friday coz there was everything under 1 roof. grime,dubstep,funky and big up 2 da people that enjoyed uncle dugs jungle set. only thing that was missing was bassline, but im not going to lose any sleep about that!

viktorvaughn

yeah, if i want to hear someone screaming incoherently into a mic i'll go check blood brothers or similar.

skepta's persistent references to ed hardy were pretty pathetic, i assume he's getting a bunch of free gear in exchange for the promo.

still i was pleased he showed up, though actually i thought spy and mak10's mixing weren't as great as usual. also skepta wasn't riding the beats that well, properly off-beat at times.

paug were fun but it was a bit sad how few people were throwing hands compared to the set before. i guess maybe the hype would've been there if wiley had shown.

(NO WHINGEO)

I though all the MCs in the big room were a bit low/muddy.

The 4 PAUG ones kinds blended into one a bit. Still, pretty amazing hearing some of Slimzee's beats.

Definitely feeling the funky vibes quite a lot.