Reccomend me some techno/house

adverb

michael said:
Downloaded all the free MP3s from the Bruchstruecke releases. Quite a mixed bag, but pretty interesting. Is the Luciano track available there indicative of his sound? It's very mellow and kinda un-techno...

he's usually quite melodic rather than....bangin' i suppose. his remix of r-rash on exzakt is probably the toughest thing he's done. i'd say his best stuff is on his own cadenza label and the 12" he did on perlon with mathew jonson. but i like most of his music alot.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Someone already mentioned Booka Shade's 'Mandarine Girl'; the tune with BS and M.A.N.D.Y. (forge tthe name) is also massive. And, on that tip, anything on Get Physical (DJ T, M.A.N.D.Y., Sunsetpeople etc) is bound to appeal to anyone who loved Chicago house and the sonic ideals it represented.

Tim F

Yeah "Mandarine Girl" is massive, sorta Get Physical doing Border Community.

"Body Language" (the Booka/M.A.N.D.Y. collab-o) is great too yeah, I really like the supa-expansive Afrilounge remix.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeh, 'Body Language' is the one. Aparently massive in Ibiza this year, tho don't remember hearing it. Must get that remix...

Was just gonna start a thread on a Get Physical-elated theme, actually Tim...

owen

if this is just random recommendations...

on the Get Physical tip, Chelonis R Jones' 'I don't know' is awesome- so fey and winsome, really continues the effeminacy of so much Chicago house, that dialectic between punishing and langourous...

also I'm currently obsessed with the DJ Koze mix of Andreas Dorau's 'Kein Liebeslied'; like europop gone all hyper-tactile and Radiophonic Workshop