Various Production

Blackdown

nexKeysound
that article is f**king shocking. anyone who starts a feature with a first person account of how they were commissioned to write a feature should be shot!

PeteUM

It's all grist
I quite like the intrigue and the all-over-the-placeness of what they do, but I'd like it more if I thought the tunes were all that, or if people weren't falling over themselves to praise them (that review was the last straw 'cos I've been holding back on this thread). Makes it all a bit Emperor's New Fab Gear for me.

I got an e-mail from Various to say that they've been incorrectly billed for a 'live set' in Manchester. It's just gonna be a straight laptop/turntable dj set. They wouldn't want anyone being disappointed!

Oh and for anyone who missed the link at my blog, yoy can download the Various Prod. portion of Breezeblock from these guys:

http://www.wordthecat.com/goku/?p=81

Leo

any verdict on the new cd? i think it's pretty decent, grimey enough in places to keep it interesting. my girlfriend says she "likes the massive attack/portished vibe"...which means in six months it could end up as background music in car commercials and at chic boutique stores/posh cocktail parties.

tate

Brown Sugar
Leo said:
any verdict on the new cd? i think it's pretty decent, grimey enough in places to keep it interesting. my girlfriend says she "likes the massive attack/portished vibe"...which means in six months it could end up as background music in car commercials and at chic boutique stores/posh cocktail parties.
some discussion here

blacklay

wiley has done a freestyle over the haters inst. logan played it, its a war tune, gunning for scorcher and crew i think.

swears

preppy-kei
Wish I had an instrumental of "Hater" 'cause I'm not really into the woman's voice.
I love that harsh phase/short delay effect on the beat, though.