best pop song of the summer?

• Thread starter simon silverdollar
  • Start date

gabriel

The Heatwave
don_quixote said:
kano - reload it should have been and wasnt bloody released in favour of what was possibly the worst track on the album

do you mean Nite Nite? i LOVE that song :cool:

tom pr

xiquet said:
do you mean Nite Nite? i LOVE that song :cool:

Yeah, I like nite nite. Guilty pleasures, etc.

I think my vote would go to the 50 cent/mobb deep 'outta control' remix. I actually heard this in summer, as opposed to the 'stay fly' remix which I never heard played in clubs, and didn't even hear on mp3 until a few weeks ago. Likewise, I think '1 Thing' came a bit early to be considered a summer jam.

No mention of that 'and I'm like/and you're like/it's summertime' track ruff skwad would always play on their rinse sets (though apparantly its chunky bizzle?) That was my summer jam, anyway. and it was poppy as anything.

S

simon silverdollar

tom pr said:
No mention of that 'and I'm like/and you're like/it's summertime' track ruff skwad would always play on their rinse sets (though apparantly its chunky bizzle?) That was my summer jam, anyway. and it was poppy as anything.

yeah i wrote about that on my blog the other day. BIG TUNE!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
by quite a long chalk my #1 is so good by rachel stevens, sugababes a pretty close second.
the rest of the stuff (mariah, jamrock, still tippin' etc) that i'm seeing listed here i don't really see as pop, per se.

summer tunes

Suddenly I See-KT Tunstall
This Is How We Do (Fresh '83)-THE GAME (f/ 50 Cent)
Vertigo-U2
Lose My Breath-Destiny's Child
Caught Up-Usher
Signs-Snoop Dogg featuring Charlie Wilson & Justin Timberlake
Don't Cha-Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes
Hollaback Girl-Gwen Stefani
We Belong Together-Mariah Carey
Best Of You-Foo Fighters
Dare-Gorillaz
Gold Digger-Kanye West
I Don't Care-Ricky Martin

DavidD

can't be stopped
In the states stuff like still tippin and mariah might as well be - mariah clearly OWNED summer here, i forget how many weeks she was at number one but it was a huge stretch, toppled only at the end by "Gold Digger."

I heard "Still Tippin" so long ago - it came out in like late '03 early '04!!! that i have a hard time calling it a summer of '05 cut.

Loved "How We Do," "Signs," "Hate it Or Love It" but those were all springtime to me!

Finally, yet unmentioned: "Summer Nights" by Lil Rob.