fave grime catchphrases

S

simon silverdollar

scratchy's corruption of brap-

'BREEE, BREE!', (As heard on the when i'm ere remix)

also, hyper-fen's ultra high pitched, 'it's merk-AGE'.

also, jendor's weird scooby-doo growls.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Definitely Scratchy's Warrior Cry, also his version of skepta's bum bubu bum bum, as well as skepta's original.

Bruza's Get Me is definitely big too.

Lethal's hi pitched scream thing was kinda shower too ie: 'Aaaah! Lethal B's got a gun!'

Also almost all of Flirta's sounds 'The Legend The Legend', 'I'm in Control-trol' and Skepta's jacking of them which is too hilarious.

Double's 'Ouuh Ouuh' is still one of the illest most chi-focused human sound expressions since Bruce Lee's I'm-About-To-Karate-Chop-Your-Ass screams. Pure chi-force energy in audio form.

What about producer sounds? Terrah kinda has this whole area on lock with his Terrah giggle sample.

jack

i'm confused as to how to use 'differently' in a sentence. Is it kind of '...on the contrary...', for instance 'Younger Nasty are appalling', 'differently they're big still'?

sushi

Brüt Force Family
appleblim said:
where DOES 'shoewr'/ 'showerface'/'showerman'/'shower-curtain business(!!)' come from?

i love it! but am intrigued as to where it comes from......who said it first? what does it MEAN?
i don't know if it originally came from him, but if you check out the roll deep dvd that comes with "in the deep end", flow dan goes into an in depth explanation of the meaning behind "showa".

toasted

jack said:
i'm confused as to how to use 'differently' in a sentence. Is it kind of '...on the contrary...', for instance 'Younger Nasty are appalling', 'differently they're big still'?

not quite... you append it when describing something which is done in a different way.. usually taking something to the next level..

"late light caller merks raves differently"

mpc

wasteman
u can also use it to contradict.

like on westwood when he was bigging up bizzle & wiley was like...."no, but differently, lethal b is a wasteman"

NOT A quote, but...you see what i mean.

originaldrum

from start till done
sushi said:
flow dan goes into an in depth explanation of the meaning behind "showa".

i was thining that if plasticman couldn't come up with a new name he could always call himself curtainman

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Differently can be a quantitive word used on the end of a sentence to emphasise the point, akin to "a lot".

It can also be used, as wiley used to, as a segue into another point.

Rambler

Awanturnik
Don't know if this counts as a catchphrase, but I love the 'Merk, that's the way we work!' line that runs through Blackdown's Keysound Radio mix...