worst musical experience?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Troubadours From Another Heavenly World is a really wonderful album, and La Novia is very good; apart from that, I get a bit lost in their discography really.

unperson

has no squid friends
>All their live albums seem to be rubbish though

<I>Live In Japan</I> is pretty good; it's one of the few albums on which they had two drummers, and it rocks pretty hard.

petergunn

plywood violin
spending about a year working in clubs that played mostly trance... made me wanna jab out my ears with an ice pick... 4 on the floor for 6+ hours = not a good look...

owen

not the worst, but a few years ago promoting terrible gigs in new cross was a little grim. i am in part responsible for british sea power, as i helped promote their first gig in london- and for that i submit to the verdict of the tribunal of history, no matter how harsh it may be

i would play records inbetween the schmindie no-marks that would agree to play for bus fare and a pint and try to field requests from them like 'can we come on to mercury rev'? bleh

i have often been nice to people irrespective of their insisting on listening to the divine comedy or somesuch

oh! and i once went to a rock school concert! it had jazz poetry in it too. do i win?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
One time I was horribly hungover, and the guy in the office was playing Ween. All those speeded up and slowed down voices sounded like they were mocking me, like horrible little devils and angels perched upon my shoulder.

That was pretty damn bad.

Woebot

would have to be discomfort at the appalling volumes at gigs i went to in the eighties.

i remember my bloody valentine gigs (saw them about 3 times) were the most painful. once when i saw them at the ULU it was wretched. never got the attraction of that.

when acid house came along it was refreshing to hear music which sounded better the louder it was being played.

henry s

Street Fighting Man
my worst musical experience had nothing to do with the band, per se...it was the Sugarcubes, in Detroit, in the later 80's, and about 3 songs into the set, Einar stopped the show, saying somebody had hit him in the face with a piece of jewelry...the house lights came on, and he ranted and yelled in his jagged English for about 10 minutes, how we were all assholes, how they'd never play our city again, etc....of course, the crowd gave it right back to him...I felt bad for him, really did...he took the band off the stage, and people filed out...about twenty minutes later, when there were only about 20 of us die-hards left (the bar was still open), he came back on stage and proceeded to spit, stutter and stammer his way through a VERY lengthy diatribe...I have NEVER seen anybody so worked up...we all just sort of sat there, mouths agape, and let him have his peace...

my BEST musical experience?...agreeing to see INXS, mid-80's (on account of some girl I was seeing), sabotaging the evening so we'd be late, and arriving in the venue just in time to hear Hutchence say "thank you Detroit!...you've been a great audience!...good night!" :D